[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 2nd Democratic Debate...

2nd Democratic Debate...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

2nd Democratic Debate...

Postby David Flick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:25 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: 2nd Democratic Debate...

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:56 am

I think it might be more fun if they all did one-on-ones all around the circle, Lincoln-Douglas style.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:29 am

Beto = zero

Gillebrand, another huge disappointment; I was reluctant to conclude she was a lightweight. She convinced me.

Castro, pretty smooth. Reminds me of Rubio.

Biden, actually has a pulse after all.

Harris, finally put a concrete proposal out on health care. Couldn't defend it.

DeB, go back to NY.

Booker, can do snide well.

Bennet, very weak at gestures with that wimpy hand chop.

Inslee, sounds like everything's perfect in WA. Haruo should have told us.

Gabbard, always smooth. Didn't seem to shine.

There was another guy, right? Didn't register with me.

This will be great fun when we get to the power five or so.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:17 am

I'm not ready to invest time in hearing this many candidates--two nights of them. When the field begins to thin, then it will matter. Too bad I am in a state where the primary is so late as to be largely meaningless. Last time, there were three or four on the ballot who had long since quit the race.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:13 am

I watched both of them, didn't get to see all of the first night but watched the whole thing last night. Our primary is in March, so there may still be several candidates to choose from at that point, though I think the field will get down to less than ten before too much longer. There's not a person who has appeared on the stage the past two nights who won't give Trump fits in a head to head debate. It's worth watching, since one of those twenty people will be taking office in January 2021.

And the news keeps getting more encouraging.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -reelected
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 am

Old friend Sandy, bankrupted by a big bet on hil, hopes to recover in 2020. We'll e.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 am

If 90% of the voters in the five most populous states vote for candidate A, and 51% of the voters in the other 45 states vote for candidate B, who wins? Not the United States of America. And if the 51% would have been 49% if it hadn't been for the registered voters who stayed home rather than vote for A because of their age, gender, color, or position on some particular issue, then whom should we execute?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:46 am

I’ll watch the debates when the crowd thins. (By the way, as so many Democrats are running for the Presidency, I want to announce that I will not be a candidate for President in 2020 though my dog Luke is considering running under an anti-mailman platform in which the postal service would finally be eliminated so that those scary mail deliverers stop coming on our porch without his permission.)
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:55 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:20 am

Oh Lordy, Flick s going to suck us into another Global Climate Change debate. Shall we also start a thread for the Flat Earth Society? They have members around the globe. <VBG>
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby Haruo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:41 pm

I think evidence of human involvement in/culpability for global warming and/or climate change would run up against David's entrenched economic/financial preconceptions, and the latter would win, at least for a few more years, probably long enough for most of us to be watching the eternal replays.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Sandy

Postby David Flick » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:09 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm

What happened to reforestation?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues