[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - New Insights on the History of the SBC Takeover

New Insights on the History of the SBC Takeover

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

New Insights on the History of the SBC Takeover

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Sunday I heard an interview on NPR of Kevin Kruse of the new book Faultlines, a Political history of the US since th 1970s. He was talking about the SBC Takeover. I was reading some stuff that I plan to outline in an upcoming blog.

But this link is just too juicy on how shallow the SBC Takeover was

https://heterodoxacademy.org/wp-content ... _Lines.pdf

And Ive come across a great quote from J Frank Norris will share here. William Thornton will like this one.

From another historian.

Norris said: I was born when the moon was dark, in the dog fennel season, when a black cat jumped on a black coffin.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: New Insights on the History of the SBC Takeover

Postby William Thornton » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Nothing new. We already knew that liberal SBC leaders were pro abortion. Thank Gawd former the CR,
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Alan Rudnick has a word for Thornton

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Up today at Baptist Global News about Abortion and Facebook.

William you are brighter than this. I hope you are not clowning. It has been decided again and again that mendacity was at the heart of the operation when Lee Atwater changed Race Baiting into the politics of guns and abortion. Lepore, Metzl, and now Kruse make ratify the history. You are behind on your reading and spiritual discernment. There is a whole different world beyond the "theology" of Johnny Hunt, Jerry Vines and your friends at Baptist Voices.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Then you should have no trouble pointing out these "new insights." Anyone can drop a string of names.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am

Sandy

Kamla Harris Town hall at Wofford

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon May 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I have no idea what my old friend is talking about. If there's a book, maybe he could get it and read it and then comment...but I don't think Stephen reads books.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon May 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Stephen Fox

Updated to SBC Bham 19

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Stephen Fox

My Friend nails the New Babdist con movement in history

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Historical Context. Randall Balmer
https://www.vnews.com/Column-Southern-B ... 6E5ZPx9gNs

First time it registered with me one of their key operatives came straight out of policy with Fox News darling Mike Huckabee

Great history he sets up for this trump moment

Best understood if you read Remnick of New Yorker onRace Limbaugh and Trump, And Edsall NY Times, Audacity of Hate. Read those and have a prayer retreat and maybe if will dawn on you how fundies have beat Jesus up in the last 40 years

Stephen Fox

Sandy may want to take a look at Word and Way on JD Grear

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:16 am

As for abortion he mentions in his attempted take down of my analysis above, my latest blog was posted yesterday. Take a gander.

Stephen Fox

Thornton on books, a suggestion

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:17 am

Stephen Fox

Word and Way and JD Grear, Great link

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am