[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Mohler, Furman and Slavery

Mohler, Furman and Slavery

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Mohler, Furman and Slavery

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm

I have posted this link on SBTS Facebook wall.

Talk about a story with legs

foxofbama.blogspot.com/2018/12/mohlers-righteous-platform-denoncing.html
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Mohler, Furman and Slavery

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Well, I suppose the SBTS crowd will have to endure whatever withering take you had on it, Stephen. Hope they survive.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Here is a link to a PDF of the report itself:
Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Sandy

Ansley Quiros intro online

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm

It soars, Google for God With Us till you turn it up. Quotes Dorothy Sayers "Dogma is the Drama"

Get a copy for your personal library. I will blog soon. My copy is coming in the mail

She made a presentation at Furman last year on Furman personalities in Americus in the mid 60s, Harold Collins, Martin England and Marshall Frady.

Would be grand for her and Mohler to panel in the coming year on the questions I raise in my blog and others.

Stephen Fox

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Rvaughn

Fascinating take on how Furman got to this Moment

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 am

Stephen Fox

West Rome's Susan Shaw, Mohler and the Favourite

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Shaw grew up at West Rome with the preaching of Jerry Vines. Ten days ago she had a provocative piece at Baptist Global News about Mohler and the Slavery Reckoning.

I just saw the Oscar nominated Movie The Favourite. I doubt Mohler has it on his Christmas list, but wouldnt be surprised if Shaw is ecstatic about it. Lot of classical piano music, especially long piece at the end I'm not sure what to make of.

But will leave it to yall to connect the dots. And with a little imagination of the film you can conjure up whatever you want obversely about what Paige Patterson heard outside the door while waiting on Pressler's "massage" on the reported Mission trip.

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage