[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trudy and Ed...

Trudy and Ed...

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Re: Trudy and Ed...

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:47 am

Ed: I also want to thank Jim for posting this link to Dr. Cosby's eulogy for Mohammad Ali. Having worked at Western Jr, High in the 60's his words very much resonated with me.

But back to our odyssey. Yesterday we had the best drive of the entire trip. Most of the roadway from Atlanta south was excellent. And just after noon we found an old time truck stop (the kind with great food). So many of them these days have only a Subway or Arby's. I had only expected to get to Valdosta, Ga but as I type we are preparing to depart the Lake City Florida Wal-Mart parking lot. Only 141 miles to go, down I 75 to the Florida Turnpike to US 27 and to South Clermont. We are some what anxious to see what the park looks like, surprisingly Georgia had a lot more evidence of Storm Damage than any thing we have seen in Florida thus far.

We saw a few convoys of power company trucks heading north 8 to 21 at a time. On the other hand we had several utility trucks 3 to five at a time where heading south. Several 18 wheelers loaded with building materials and bottled water also heading south.
JE Pettibone

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 am

Ed: 4 Months and 17 days, 8014 Miles and we are home (L0T 249 Citrus Valley Elite RV Resort , Clermont Fla).

Our Lot and Storage unit are in great shape. The park shows all most no signs of IRMA. As had been reported to us by friends in the park the worst damage was that one storage shed had a tree fall on it, but at that the basic structure remained solid. Under the familiar Florida Blue Tarp.

Speaking of hurricane damage, we saw far more uprooted trees in Ga, than the 173 mile traveled in Florida, on I75 the turnpike and H'way 27. However in several places there is still standing water in places where I have never seen water before. One stretch of prairie land looked like a swamp. The landscaper was working on a nearby lot when we pulled into the park and acted as my spotter as I backed into our lot. I have to say I was quite proud of my one time reverse and one slight forward move into place. After parking we went out to eat and I came home and took a shower and went to bed. Was surprised to be up in less than 2 hours feeling quite well.

The park looks rather strange with about 2/3 of the units gone. Most will be back within the next three weeks. I think we may visit a CBF church in Lakeland this Sunday.
JE Pettibone

Previous

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum