[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Global Warming Thread XI

Global Warming Thread XI

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Global Warming Thread XI

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:55 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:20 pm

:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

GW is causing more and stronger storms

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

The chart at the top of this page:

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/

suggests that 2010 was less than many of the years 1972-2010 to 2009
and that is correct . However, also correct: the high for 2010 is higher than about 5 of the years in
the early 1970s and late 1970s; the low is also higher than about 4 of those years. This
reading of mine shows an increase of tropic storm intensity, in general, 1972-2010.

But here is another fact showing the upward trend:

The low in 1993, 1998, and 2006 is each HIGHER than all the highs 1972 to 1990

Yep that chart shows (according to my trained eyeballs): GW is causing more and stronger storms .

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:32 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Quoted above: // There is no evidence for "increased" global warming. In fact, there has been no global warming for the last 15 years. \\

So far I have found nobody who tells me the numbers for this
or even what it means. The statemement gets copied more than
most chain letters. I am beginning to see this as the swan call
for non-believism in AGW -- the last quack of the quacks :-)

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

All my crosses are teed,
all my dots are eyed,
time to hit the "Submit" button :D
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:11 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am

I do not have a conversation going with Phil Jones.
I have a conversation going with Elder Brother David.
What does David think "no global warming in the last 15 years " means?

I was thinking one way I could help cool the earth just a bid: grow native grass in my front yard. The grasses native to exciting central OKlahoma tend to run about 2-feet high and 4-foot deep roots. They can survive 2" of rain years (but only one in a row).
The native grasses fix CO2 in their roots, stalkis, and leaves. This stores CO2 out of the air, where it keeps in heart. The 'micro weather' around the plants lowers the heat escaping the ground (some of which bounces back and forth between the grass and the extra CO2 in the air.

One problem: My city rules are: Grass cannot average more than one foot deep over a yard.

Yet I keep getting messages from the City Mayor telling how green my city is, the greenest city in Oklahoma!

-

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Consider this statement:

no global warming in the last 15 years
When did it first come about?

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfa ... niers.html

a comment dated 01 Feb 2010

http://www.smartplanet.com/technology/b ... lost/3334/

a comment dated 10 Mar 2010.
However, the post
itself warns of methane release

// If Siberia’s methane is being released suddenly
into the atmosphere, and even the basics of climate
change science is true, it could mean another
8 million metric tons of methane
going into the atmosphere this year, and
more next year.

// That’s a fraction of the 440 metric tons total
from all the grass, cows, fires, and unlit farts
around the world each year. But it could be enough
to tip the balance. \\

So the 'data' says AGW but the comment says (without data) no AGW.
I am sticking with the data

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2010/0 ... -to-blame/

22 July 2010
Time-CNN News article, comment

Here is what the article says:

// We just lived through the hottest month on record,
on track for the hottest year ever.
Climate change is frightening.
As Al Gore said in a statement today:
"The truth about the climate crisis—inconvenient
as ever—must be faced." He's still right. \\

I see a trend, the people with the platform are saying AGW,
the deniers are bleating
no global warming in the last 15 years
Like the Braying sheep from ANIMAL FARM

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:19 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Jim

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Thank you, friend KiethB.

Here is what Jones actually said (and it is the truth, to the 95% confidence level):
// "no statistically-significant global warming" 1995 \\
appears in google 663 times

Here is how Glen Beck and other's quote4d Jones (not even true at the 0.5% level, i.e. A LIE):
// "no global warming for the last 15 years" \\
appears in google 9120 times

so the lie appears 14 times as often as the truth

I think that is something pastors should note,
being the pastors who serve the TRUTH which is Messiah Yeshua.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Not to mention the futility of discussing HISTORY when we aught to study current events.

Jones appartently said his stuff prior to 2010.
The propaganda machine has been using the distorted statements of Jones
throughout every month of record setting heat in 2010. Yep, if the news
does not fit your bias, quote history :-)

-

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:36 pm

BTW, I invested in the housing market with a like 58% confidence
level of Republican endorcement in 2002.
It still costs 15% of my retirement every month (and I lost my investment)

BTW, I invested in the auto market (new car) with a like 42%

confidence level of Republican endorcement in 2006.
It still costs 5% of my raetirment every month (and I hav
e no car - that is just the difference between what I
owed and what the auto was worth.

So today I invest my time (I have no money left save the Democratic
entitlement program which I am entitled unto)
in the 97% confidence level of the World Government that
Global Warming is happening and I can do a bit about
it.

I note the 20% extra I am paying is the same 20% extra I was giving the US Governments.
The Lord only wants 10% -- but I still pay 30% to the US Governments.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
The Governments just take away

Hug a tree For Jesus!

(I love the reactions athiests are giving me about this
statement on AGW discussion boards :-)
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 pm

David: // Sounds of the "swan call" appear to be coming from the vocal chords of the AGWers. Phil Jones, Archbishop of the Church of AGW, is the person who made the call about no global warming since 1995. That point can't be denied. \\

I deny that. I proved it above. The deniers of AGW are one in spirit with the deniers of God:

Psalm 14:1 (KJV1611 Edition, e-sword.com edition):
[To the chiefe musician, A Psalme of Dauid.]
The foole hath sayd in his heart, There is no God:
they are corrupt, they haue done abominable workes,
there is none that doeth good.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues