[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Global Warming Thread IX

Global Warming Thread IX

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Global Warming Thread IX

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:30 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 am

Last edited by KeithE on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... obin-mckie

// In this way, scientists' warnings – that without action the world will get at least two degrees hotter this century – have been obscured by a small group of ideologues who believe individual liberties are more important than any other cause. Our planet may burn, millions may die, and cities such as Moscow and New York may smoulder, but at least we will be free of petty regulation and bureaucracy. It seems a stiff price to pay. //
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 pm

// Secondly, he cites data that shows that more people die in cold weather than hot weather.\\

And your point is? You should know that most of the 'warming' is taking place in the winter.

Are you who live in Enid enjoying our COLD spell ;-) Central Oklahoma weather cooled down from 103ºF (39ºC) to 98 ºF (36ºC) (for a few days. Also, in the summer, we generally call the front a 'cool' front, 'cold' it is NOT :-) But at least most of us have air conditioning. Meanwhile in this period in Moscow, Russia the weather was up to 37ºC (100ºF) without air conditioning for most people, without power for 1/3 of the population. Their were bog (you, know, 'plant rot oil') fires going on - heavy pollution. (Catch up on your reading of the book of Jonah - he thought it was really cool that God was going to zap Ninivah. Jonah went on a Mediterranian Cruise instead :-)

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:22 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:18 am

Last edited by KeithE on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

Elder Brother David Flick: // Say what?? Most of the "warming" taking place in the winter?? You must not be paying very close attention to the weather. Have you forgotten all those massive ice storms that occurred over the past several winters here in Oklahoma? \\

Tee Hee, of course i pay close attention to the weather :-) Yes, most of the warming Jan-June 2010 took place Jan-Mar 2010 -- when the south hemisphere was in Summer. Oklahoma had a very average temperature Jan. In fact, more snow will fall at 32ºF (0ºC) the transition temperature of water to ice (cooling) and ice to water (heating). If the temps had been cooler than usual, the Jan 12" (where I was it was 12 inches) snow would have fallen further south, probably as rain and probably flooding Houston Texas. Go over to facebook and friend (yes, 'friend' is a verb - whole new Paradigm Shift, and "facebook" is a verb as well). As the new bumper sticker reads:

HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS
FACEBOOK WHILE DRIVING IF YOU WANT TO GO MEET JESUS

Anyway, facebook Edward Edwards (that is me, other friends are also there. Do not get caught up in secular on-line entertainment :-).
Look at my pictures. I have pictures of the Jan 2010 cool front that stalled over Enid & Norman Oklahoma and snowed and snowed and snowed. This was a "warmer than average" event.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:18 am

Brother Elder David: // I wouldn't exactly call it a cold spell, but it is cooler in these parts this summer than last year. Based on the information that appeared in the article I posted, during the month of June of this year, the temperature was was 10 t 20 degrees cooler this this year than last. \\

Yes, this is true. In fact, June 2009 in Central Oklahoma was 10 to 20 degrees warmer than average June 1880-2008. This raised the average almost half a degree. Then June 2010 was 10 to 20 degrees cooler than average June 1880-2009. The average changed.

I was trained in Secular Secondary Education. The students can be on the average smarter than they were last year; but some still may flunk. It is what 'average' is all about.

BTW, the average daily High Temperature in Moscow for August is 75ºF (23ºC) Already it has been over 100ºF (38ºC) every day in August (the 7-day forecast for Moscow is to melt Saturday morning :-) For Oklahoma to average with Moscow to be 'average', instead of 90ºF high each day Exciting Central Oklahoma could only get up to 65ºF each afternoon. Don't think it will happen that way -- the earth's temperature is rising and it is due to the New World Order's promiscuous use of fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas). Read my trailer.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

Brother Elder David: // I don't remember ever reading about Jonah thinking that it might be "cool" if God zapped Nineveh. \\

When Jonah prayed to God he said: Jonah 2:9 (KJV1769ish edition; e-sword.com edition):
But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay that that I have vowed. is of the LORD.

According to Strong's (source e-sword.com edition) the word translated "Salvation" here is the name of our Wonderful Lord and Savior: Messiah (title)
Yeshua -- Century [0001-0100] Greek
Iesus - 17th Century English [1601-1700] English
Jesus - 21st Century [2001-2100] English:

H3444

Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is, (abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity: - deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
Last edited by Ed Edwards on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:43 am

Sorry, that last post had to be posted. This BL editor &/or my editor things I should write short messages. But you know me: I only limit myself to 3 point sermons during baptism :-)

Brother Elder David: // I don't remember ever reading about Jonah thinking that it might be "cool" if God zapped Nineveh. \\

This time maybe I can get to that :-) But it will be the next post were I show
that Jonah is practicly a prophecy of Global Warming :-)

Chase a rabbit:
Proof text for:
1. Jonah's first name was CHARLES
2. The Lord talks to fish. (it is alright to pray in the Lord's name for good success while fishing :-)

Jonah 2:10 (KJV1769):
And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Bold part can be translated "Up CHUCK Jonah". Of course, one has to know that 'Chuck' is a common nickname for "Charles"
Ed Edwards

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I suppose the male-dominion folks may have a bone to pick with Strong for saying that Jesus is a feminine passive participle. Sounds almost like Sophia-worship, which may have made sense in the sixties, but now Ms. Loren is showing her age.

Oh, and sorry about the thread drift.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

No fair derailing my rabbit chase :-(
Ah well, 9PM and still 97ºF outside. A dreamy 80ºF at my computer desk :-)

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:28 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:45 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 am

David:

I'm taking your warning of coming global cooling [called fall and winter] seriously. I'm starting to grow my winter beard. It should be nice and warm by the time the cold weather arrives. Every year the color of my beard gets closer and closer to that of the fat guy in the red suit who comes by in December.

Howard
Howard V

Postby Ed Edwards » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Yes, Howard V, I know your concern with the Christmas Eve Guy. I watched ads for "Abs (Abdominal muscles) of Steel". I determined a happy place for me: I have ABS OF JELLY - Just like "that of the fat guy in the red suit who comes by in December". Ho! Ho! Ho!.

I also had a good time at church. My Church Choir Dude (C-CD, also known here as "Gary") was about to sing a song "Life's Greatest Joy". He asked several to define "Joy". I made (to me) a new acronym:

esus
nly.
ES!

Of course, when I said it, I did the "Yes" motion: Lower left fist, raise left leg; Raise right hand streched out, lower right foot (ok, just keep it on the floow - do not want to get both feet off the floor in A Baptist Church - looks too Pentacostal :-). You know, the way that earth people expresssing Joy on TV (like i hear ).
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Everybody does know that NASA & other Climate Charts either map or graph using "Surface Temperature Anomaly" compartd to similiar time periods in the past. In otherwords, my JUNE 2010 was AVERAGE - cause they compared the Central Oklahoma Junes 1880 through 2009 to the June 2010 temp. This means that arguments like "well it does get hot in the summer" look very silly when rendered on-line. Climate Change data is usually expressed in "off average" = anomaly numbers.

I see the Moscow Russia anomaly from a July 2010 map is in the color of +5.0ºC to +5.8ºC.
My Central Oklahoma USA color is that of -2.0ºC to +2.0ºC - in other words AVERAGE.
I noticed from my July 2010 Electric Air Conditioner bill of $200 that July Temps were average.
I will notice from my August 2010 Electric A/C bill is Aug was normally hot $225, hot hot $275, or "oh good grief!" hot $350. The rest of the earth i read the NASA and other weather/climate figures.

Global warming is real - just as real as hell's fires (just hoping there is no connection :-)

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:57 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues