[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Global Warming Thread IX

Global Warming Thread IX

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Global Warming Deniers and Jesus

Postby David Flick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:36 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Global Warming Thread IX

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Consider this source that Bro. David quoted:

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2010/07/17/glo ... ttest-year

1. I shall check the validity of this source for general purposes. Some sites are so biased that they make up data.

2. I checked a statement they made on that page:

|| If you’d like to see a graph, click here || pointing to:

http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/vaderblogge ... m-uppmatts

Which does have a chart to look at (at which to look?). To bad it is in Swedish. But I will check that out using Google Translate.

3. That chart is somewhat like the one I have direct from NASA, yet different. As soon as I brake through the language barrier to figure out what this source really means, I'll share. Off hand it looks like the the Swedish source has a hotter "first half of 2010" than does the source I keep as my desktop (NASA).
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Tee Hee, Men's News Daily (MND) is an advocate for MRA = Men's rights activist. that is what I thought, AGW is a feminist's plot to get control of all the money in the world. I think I'll start a new rumor/conspiracy plot: the Anti-christ should rightly be called the "Anti-christess"
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 pm

From the Men's News Daily site named above by both Dave & Myself:

|| Besides – this is summer, and what they’re talking about is weather, not climate change. ||

Tee He, 'summer' began on 21 June 2010. That means in the first six months (half a year, 26 weeks) there were 9 full days of Summer. Sorry, when you compute six monthly numbers that show the offset that month from the average for that month 1880-2009 (or more likely 1951-1980, this article does not help tell what it means, and the graph is explained [if at all] in Swedish) -- if that is all done, then one is talking about World Wide Climate Change, not the weather. So this statement is meaniningless as a point against AGW.

BTW, that MND article has a rather meaningless thingit is arguing against. NOAA said that so far, the 2010 record shows the highest May on record, highest March to May on record, and the highest average Jan-Jun on record. things continue like this (and we shall see in the next six months) 2010 will be the hottest year on record. Only the boldest part of the above is the facts shown in the data. The IF-THEN statement, like all future IF-THEN statements, is an opinion, not a fact. Nobody knows the future but God.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:56 pm

MND, link cited above: || According to Marc Morano at Climate Depot, the 10th of a degree difference they’re talking about is the result of cherry-picking data. ||

What 0.1ºC? no clue is given. The NOAA graph I have on my Desk Top shows only the monthly data for 2010 Jan to Jun, The data all year for 1998 and 2005 are shown. The record monthly high is given for each month. Here is the data taken from the chart. The base period is 1951-1980. The reading is the "anomaly" or off set from the base period.

Highest Monthly earth-wide temps:
Month +offset + year set (ofsets are in ºC)
Jan +0.86 unk
Feb +0.80 1998
Mar +0.84 unk (2010 was +0.83, 1% off not 1/10)
Apr +0.73 2010
May +0.65 2010 (+0.64 in 1998, 1% off not 1/10)
Jun +0.70 1998
Jul +0.68 1998
Aug +0.65 1998
Sep +0.68 2005
Oct +0.62 2005
Nov +0.69 unk
Dec +0.69 unk

Note the highest monthly offsets during the year are in Jan, Feb, and Mar -- also known as Winter in the Northern Hemisphere.
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:00 pm

At this announcement by NASA:

http://climateprogress.org/2010/07/10/n ... r-minimum/

NASA reported that the first half of the year was the hottest on record.

That is where I got the chart I quoted above. Study it and see if I got the data correct. TY.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I feel like a blue person in a blue county in a red state in a blue country???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Inho ... tal_issues

|| Inhofe had previously compared the United States Environmental Protection Agency to the Gestapo[17] ||

17 Footnote:
|| ^ "James Inhofe proves "flat Earth" doesn't refer to Oklahoma.". Chris Mooney. The American Prospect, April 13, 2004. ||

Strangely, I voted for Senator Inhofe in 1996 (special election to replace Senator Boren who had become President of the University of Oklahoma [OU]); 1996; 2002; and 2008. Never again. He comes up for re-election in 2014.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:29 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:53 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:47 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:44 am

Last edited by KeithE on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:35 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 am

Could it be that those most involved in the GW(AGW)/CC stuff think highly of their conclusions because they have a vested interest in thinking highly of their work and conclusions? Human beings are well known for this kind of thinking, even if they are "scientists." To put it another way, we tend to be biased, positively, in favor of what WE do or are involved with.
Howard V

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:15 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 pm

David,

As for Booker, he believes smoking is not hazardous to your health; he believes asbestos is not harmful in anyway; and now is onto the anti GW kick.

I have no doubt you can find other idealogues like Booker who will spout off anti-AGW propaganda/prose by the score (Watts, Monckton, Horner, Singer, Ball, Morner ...). But they are not primary sources of DATA or research. They are either paid-off by big business interests (interested in short-term profits) or more likely such free-market idealogues that they are against any form of regulation (even if earth itself is being put in peril). They search any info to find hints that will support them and are not honest brokers. THE TRUTH IS NOT IN THESE PEOPLE. And many are duped by these people due to some perceived threat to their lifestyle/wealth (when the opposite is actually the truth).

Answer with DATA or I'm going to ignore it.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am

Bro. David: // 1) I'm sorry you're so blue today \\

Thank you for your concern. My statement was:

1. I feel like a blue person in a blue county in a red state in a blue country???

This is current presidential election code colors meaning:

I feel like a Democratic person in a Democratic county in a Republican state in a Democratic countRy

Yes, Cleveland County (Moore, Norman) is a Democratic county,
Oklahoma is a Republican state,
USA is a Democratic country (well, maybe until November elections"?
I actually am still a registered Republican.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:17 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:34 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues