[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Will Les Puryear explain his attempt to get profs fired?

Will Les Puryear explain his attempt to get profs fired?

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Will Les Puryear explain his attempt to get profs fired?

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Will Les Puryear explain his attempt to get profs fired?

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 pm

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

William's Seminaries

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 pm

William, in your CP dollars supported seminaries, place of learning and academic exploration, is it okay to discuss Jesus in the manner of this Christian Century article linked below.

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=8164
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 pm

OK. Fine. We will see what Les says tomorrow, his "final word."

Stephen, start a topic on that. Not here, please.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Will Les Puryear explain his attempt to get profs fired? You bet. He's still explaining it...long after he said he had said his last word about it. In fact, Les treats us all to a 700+ word today explaining why he doesn't care about what Wade Burelson thinks and, in doing so, mentions Burleson's name about a dozen times. Guess he talks about him so much because he doesn't care what he thinks...right, Les. Got it.

Burleson, according to Les, is the one using "bullying" tactics. Yeah? Then, please publish Burleson's email that he sent to your deacons asking if they think you should keep your job? Oh, no email like that?

Then who is the bully here, Les? I nominate the person who wrote to an SBC seminary president to say that he was "completely shocked and surprised" that an SBC seminary would employ a prof who doesn't teach his view of storehouse tithing. How about the person who asked if the seminary prez thought it was "helpful to the SBC to keep this professor on the faculty"?

That person is the bully.

That person is Les Puryear who ought to spend at least one long blog post demonstrating that he is ashamed of his behavior on this.

Burleson is not the problem here. Les Puryear, a good and decent pastor by all accounts, is the problem. I'm sorry to see that...and I'm sorry to say that.

William
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

This thing reminds me of the way that David Flick was treated years ago. In reading the comments on Les' blog, I suppose that I am most saddened by Jon Estes' comment (long time bl.com participants will remember him....I remember him as a friend).
"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Postby Tom Parker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Les P. says on his blog on 2-12-2010:

"Since my integrity is being impugned by Wade Burleson over my email to SEBTS and Liberty University, as well as my response to his questions about my email, I felt it prudent to make a public statement on this matter. This will be my final public statement regarding this incident. I will not allow comments on this specific post as I do not feel like arguing about this anymore. If you wish to discuss this topic and assign motive as you see fit, then go ahead and do so on your blog or public forum. It is a free country and you have a right to your opinion. I will not comment publicly any further beyond this post. "

But how is this not commenting publicly on 2-18-2010 he has a blog titled One more point of Clarification.

Someone help me as to how this is not publicly commenting again? How can this be called being truthful on his part.

It appears to me that Les is keeping this alive.
Tom Parker

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to SBC News and Trends