[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - SBC Pastor's Conference 2011 Draws Fire

SBC Pastor's Conference 2011 Draws Fire

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

SBC Pastor's Conference 2011 Draws Fire

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: SBC Pastor's Conference 2011 Draws Fire

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Wow---talk about "wierd"!!!!

May the new Pharisees self-destruct soon, in my humble opinion.

"Diamond Level Sponorship" sounds like AMWAY to me!!!! Charles Stanley must be around!!!!!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jerry_B » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Too funny. Well at least they are fighting about important stuff now :wink:
Jerry_B

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am

"ST. CHARLES" ---the man with the dancy eyes on his program. One of the "tells" detectives always note for lying.

His "Let me tell you this . . ." really gets me. As if he is god and we are peons who must obey!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Sandy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 am

This is interesting. A friend of mine in Texas, a conservative who is vocally supportive of the conservative resurgence leadership most of the time, told me at an associational meeting that he quit going to the pastor's conference several years ago because, his words, "it bores me to tears." He said that it is basically the same thing as watching TV Land, reruns of reruns of reruns of the same stuff, and that he'd heard just about everything fresh and useful that Al Mohler, Charles Stanley, Jerry Vines and Mac Brunson had to say. I suspect that this newer lineup is the result of a lot of discussions about doing something that would rescue the event from oblivion because of sagging attendance. I attended a few of them back in the 80's, when the attendance packed out large convention halls. In Indianapolis a couple of years ago, we went to one of the evening sessions and in a hall that was set up to hold about 12,000, you couldn't even tell anyone was there, maybe 500 or 600 people total. I guess they figure that someone like Piper or Warren, who have large followings in the SBC, might bring people to the conference and convention, and someone from Jakes' ministry might interject some genuine spiritual enthusiasm into it. And I guess they figure that younger pastors and church leaders are more interested in hearing from someone successful in evangelism and outreach, like Driscoll and the emergent movement, than from aging old men who pastor large congregations of mostly senior adults and baptize a few kids here and there.

From a theological perspective, there's really not very much difference, not any that warrants the whine.
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 am

The only problem is that some of these folks are outside the expected "comfort zone."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

"The higher the monkey climbs the tree----the more you see his tail!!!"

After 10 visits to the Atlanta Zoo you have about seen it all---until they decide to perform sexual acts in front of visitors!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to SBC News and Trends