[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Tim Rogers and SBC Today

Tim Rogers and SBC Today

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Tim Rogers and SBC Today

Postby scottaerwin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Scott, God is not calling you to HAVE a 900 lb. gorilla, God is calling you to BE a 900 lb. gorilla -- discerning friend
scottaerwin

Postby Tom Parker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 pm

William Thorton:

It is quite remarkable that Tim Rogers comes over here and acts quite bizzarly and attacks anyone who sees things different than he does, but then the goes over to SBC Today and acts as if he has the authority to express to other Christians how they should live as if he is some type of example to be followed. I'm suprised that the other contributors at SBC Today do not call his hand on his inconsistent behavior.

Something is very wrong with this picture of Tim Rogers.
Tom Parker

Postby William Thornton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby TimR2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.- Robert Frost
TimR2

Postby TimR2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 am

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.- Robert Frost
TimR2

Postby William Thornton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:23 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby wterrya » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 am

It seems to me that if you "look like a bitter old man" you probably "are a bitter old man." The old "if it looks like a duck"theory.
wterrya

Postby Wade Burleson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:01 am

The world is too dangerous to live in - not because of the people who do evil but because of the people who sit and let it happen.

Albert Einstein
Wade Burleson

Postby TimR2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 am

TimR2

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Tim, before you make any more accusations, come up with some facts to support them. You have several statements of fact (Kauffman, the knife thing, Caner )on WB that are beyond stating your opinion. If you believe in Biblical principles beyond teetotaling then you would call both of these either gossip or slander or both, since you provide no evidence for either. Your record this week manifestly shows that you ignore such Biblical principles. At any rate it is not acceptable for you toss out a slanderous assertion and then tell the board and lurkers to go ask others. You need to document them, produce an email, provide a link, or find other corroboration. You haven't done any of this. Cheap shots are, well, not all that Christian the way you have done them and we get them here occasionally, but making unsupported, slanderous assertions about your Christian brother is unkind and unchristian. Do you really want to be seen as you have been the last few days? Surely not.

So far, WB hasn't asked me or any of the moderators to do anything with you, but I doubt you and your collegues would accept the behavior that you have displayed here over on SBCToday. I honestly have hated to see you look so pathetic, my friend.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby johnfariss » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Tim Rogers,

In the OP "Burleson Gets Threatened," there was a posting at 9:44 AM on 4/17 by someone identifying himself as TimR2 which stated, "I believe he (WB) has made up this email because he was afraid the issues with his children were about to be exposed and he needed something that would deflect the attention from their issues."

In this thread, at 12:53 PM on 4/23 someone identifying himself as TimR2 stated, "I do not accuse you (WB) of making up anything other than the knife story. I said; 'I believe', concerning the email."

So Tim, are you suggesting that somehow, these are not contradictory? Or that someone other than you has posted as "TimR2," in which case William had better run his tracking software and determine who the counterfeit TimR2 is. Or is it possible Tim that you have so much anger toward Wade Burleson that you say whatever that anger dictates, without regard to reality or truth. I would point out that people are beginning to read your postings and excusing them with something like, "Oh, that's just Tim Rogers venting. Pay him no attention." There are plenty of issues on which you and I have disagreed, but through them, I have found you to be not only smart, but consistent and able to argue your point well. But here, you are not arguing a point well, you are just venting anger and damaging your own reputation in the process.

John Fariss
johnfariss

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 pm

"I never said God existed, I just said I believed God existed." Not the same thing at all... It truly is a bizarre case of hairsplitting.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby TimR2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:59 pm

TimR2

Postby Tom Parker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Poor ,Tim Rogers trying so hard to get banned, but no one here will do it. Every word you continue to type in this forum shreds any little credibility you have left. As I said earlier, why not quit while you are behind.

You have placed in the public eyes a very unfalltering picture of yourself--Tim Rogers.
Tom Parker

Postby Tom Parker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Tim Rogers:

You said:"this will probably be my last visit over here."

Please Tim Rogers say it aint so. You make for such interesting reading.
Tom Parker

Postby Wade Burleson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 pm

The world is too dangerous to live in - not because of the people who do evil but because of the people who sit and let it happen.

Albert Einstein
Wade Burleson

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 pm

There are times when banning is the best solution. There are also times when all that's needed is to let the person have enough rope to hang himself. I believe the vast majority of posters here would agree the second option has served well in this case. No poll would be necessary to validate what all but one person here knows.

And I must admit to laughing out loud at the suggestion that either David or William doesn't have the backbone to ban someone. I know better, but I know they don't respond to juvenile taunts, either.

TR2, do you need us to force you to stop posting because you can't help yourself?
If not, could you possibly just keep your mouth shut, problem solved?

I also appreciate William's restraint and Christlike responses to repeatedly being called a moderate. :)
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby scottaerwin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Last edited by scottaerwin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott, God is not calling you to HAVE a 900 lb. gorilla, God is calling you to BE a 900 lb. gorilla -- discerning friend
scottaerwin

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 pm

What's illegitimate about epileptic seizures?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby BTeditor » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:28 am

Wm.- As moderator of this forum, just how often are you "a bit flummoxed?"
BTeditor

Postby William Thornton » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:54 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:54 am

Tim has decided to about his woes here. With some wordiness, he wraps himself in the mantle of Victim. Whatever.

However...he give a quotation from an unnamed BaptistLife poster whom he said wrote "I don’t consider you to be a Christian, so your opinion regarding faith has absolutely no importance to me whatsoever.”

Well, I edited one post that had a similar comment and took it out. If this still stands, I cannot find it. We don’t allow that. Tim liked to challenge us to ban him but we let him have his say. Perhaps he might at least acknowledge that the only editorial action in the two topics he was involved in was something in his favor.

...not that the full truth matters to him.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:10 am

Gary

Postby Cathy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 am

Is Les referring to William as a liberal in the comment section of TimR2's blog?
Cathy

PreviousNext

Return to SBC News and Trends