[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Georgia churches going Virginia...

Georgia churches going Virginia...

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Georgia churches going Virginia...

Postby David Flick » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:33 pm

William, do you have any thoughts about what is reporting regarding a couple of Georgia churches? Apparently the First Baptist Churches of Dalton and Rome are bolting for the BGAV...

What are you hearing?
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 am

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: Georgia churches going Virginia...

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:56 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:20 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:27 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:28 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:55 am

Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:01 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:28 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:32 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:53 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Wilson

Postby fox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:45 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Lamar

Postby fox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:50 pm

and I have long sung the praises of my Grandfather Fox's legendary NW Georgia pastor Willard Willis. He had this one sermon on Jim McCrickard, a man that broke Willard and my Papa's heart for backsliding from the glory of genuine and glorious churchwork that was once Jim's passion.
Willis tells the story as good as Flannery O'c Connor coulda told it.
I doubt he had much higher than HS education.
Whether or not I would take a church pastored by him if Bill Wilson or Sara Shelton were around the corner.
Well you ask a tough question, Bruce, that maybe should not be asked in polite society :)
Would I have rather hung around him Willard, felt more welcome and comfortable around him as opposed to Buddy Shurden; well since you are asking the questions, I will let you ask that one.
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

And

Postby fox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:53 pm

my apologies for reading this thread one line at a time, but when Gourley and Thornton, are talking, every sound is significant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Thornton has a strong point, Gourley, about a little populism.
It was the oxygen my Dad breathed, and I think our friend bill Self comes down on Thornton's side against Gourley and Shurden in his Nov interview in Baps Today, though there is enough Bill Self to spread around.
Of for the days when Sid Stealey was on the platform with the Gov of North Carolina telling Louie D Newton to let the Governor Go and preach to the People :lol:
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:27 pm

A couple of years ago I heard Ralph Langley say that he had learned, while serving as interim pastor of FBC Dalton, Georgia, that it was (at that time) the nation's leading church contributor to CBF. That's nothing to sneeze at. :| I suspect they've also given quite a bit to Georgia Baptists through the years, and will likely be a strong supporter of the BGAV. Kudos to them!

My sympathy to anyone who views FBC Dalton or FBC Rome as insignificant. :roll:
Mark

Postby David Flick » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:41 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Mark

Postby fox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:55 pm

Lot of money in carpets and what not.
Where all this progressive money mindset comes from who is to know.
Will be interesting to see how immigration reform plays out in that congregation especially inlight of the issues raised in this sterling predicament Bob Allen is on to
http://www.ethicsdaily.com/article_detail.cfm?AID=8144

How will Nafta reform play in one of the leading CBF contributing churches in the country.
If I don't make it to Mainstream tomorrow night, counting on you to call for Richard land's resignation :!: :lol: :!: :wall:
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:27 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:00 pm

Mark

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:25 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: And

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:28 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:50 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: And

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:14 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Sandy

Return to SBC News and Trends