[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Has Albert Lee Smith Widow Eunie died?

Has Albert Lee Smith Widow Eunie died?

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Has Albert Lee Smith Widow Eunie died?

Postby Rvaughn » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Stephen asked this question in a thread that seems to have disappeared. If she had died it is so recent that the Eagle Forum of Alabama has not announced it on their site, neither changed their staff information:
Rvaughn

Re: Has Albert Lee Smith Widow Eunie died?

Postby Haruo » Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm

I found an obituary of a Eunice Smith, but it said she was active in Planned Parenthood, so (guessing!) not the same woman.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 am

Stephen's post disappeared because I deleted it. If he provides some proof that the alleged widow is a JBS member he can have a redo. Otherwise, it's just his usual slander. He knows better but gets carried away with his usual nonsense.

There was a year or two ALS spoke from the floor at the SBC annual meeting. Evidently, that offended SF's tender sensibilities but I thought he would be over it by now.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue May 21, 2019 10:16 am

William, I didn't realize what happened. Why don't you just delete this thread too. I think that would be a good idea under the circumstances.
Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 pm

No problem. Stephen knows the boundaries.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

What We Know about Eunie Smith

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:10 pm

https://eagleforum.org/about/eunie-smith.html

First my apologies about her demise as I was going on information I misunderstood second hand from a former president of the Alabama Baptist Convention, my friend John Killian who apparently penned a tribute to her a month ago.

When it got to me I understood it to be in the wake of her passing which was not the case.

Jill Lepore drives home the point of just how hardwired the Eagle Forum and it's founder Schlafly was to the Birch Society. Every body in Alabama knows Eunie's husband Albert Lee Smith was a member and that would have included the former president of Samford Tom Corts for whom Albert Lee held an inquisition in 93.

I know. I was there and made sure Albert Lee knew it.

Albert Lee was in Pressler's inner circle and that is not news to any sentient being who followed the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC.

Make of it what you will.

If Thornton does not delete this I will tell you more about Eunie and Kris Kobach or you can read my blog by the end of the month
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Venality of Eunie Smith and Kris Kobach

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 pm

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/73985499 ... cal-future

Scroll down about a third of this transcript and see the cabal of Kobach and Bannon.

The Al.com reported in 2009 it was Eunie Smith who introduced Kobach to FBC Gardendale's influential church member, then state senator Scott Beason and Kobach helped Beason write the draconian immigration policy for Alabama; a template for Trump strategies and the mess we are in nationally now.

Read my latest blog on dying of whiteness.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends