[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Good Comments on All Things SBC These Days

Good Comments on All Things SBC These Days

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Good Comments on All Things SBC These Days

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm

William's writing is good, perhaps a wee bit overly optimistic, but not too far off target. As for the future of evangelism, as a septuagenarian, I suspect that the SBC needs a twenty-something to lead resurgent evangelism. Also, we Baptists have long linked salvation and church membership, something that millennials do not look upon with great favor.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Fifteen years ago, I began to stress that all evangelism in the 21st century will be relational. The propositional evangelism, even of the style of Billy Graham, has largely gone out of fashion. People will believe how much Jesus loves them as they experience how much we love them.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:20 pm

I love these catch-all, scattershot articles.

It's all beyond my control, save for fishing more. May try that.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 am

Just remember to cast the fly off the red side of the boat in accordance with the scriptures (John 21).
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:41 am

Most of the retired people I know, including a few pastors, have come to the conclusion that fishing and playing golf are great for a little while, but the effect wears off as time goes on. I've still got a while to go before I can think about retiring and even then it will mostly be just a change of career.

SBC Voices is a pretty good blog, most of the contributors are pretty up front and honest when they write and they're usually on target.
Sandy

The Trump Factor

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm

The Elephant in the Room, Donald Trump. Given the troubles SBC dished to Russ Moore in Bham will the SBC be as struck mute on Trump as the 8 white ministers to whom ML King sent the letter from the Bham Jail 50 plus years ago?

I have a couple recent blogs, one on Eric Metaxas and one today on the Episcopalian Bradley Byrne that raises the real question before the SBC Thornton has conveniently overlooked.

And David Miller has been and continues to be for all his pontifications inconsequential
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

What this means for William and sBC Voices

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm not sure, haven't had time to think through it clearly.

But I do think there is something here for us to look at

https://rewire.news/religion-dispatches ... the-point/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: What this means for William and sBC Voices

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 am

Sandy

Return to SBC News and Trends