Pastor Ted like Gandalf? More like Gollum I'd say

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Pastor Ted like Gandalf? More like Gollum I'd say

Postby amester » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:14 pm

I'm sure this (long) article doesn't tell the whole story, but what it does tell is scary. :o Especially since he's president of National Association of Evangelicals.

http://harpers.org/SoldiersOfChrist.html

Some choice quotes: “I think Pastor Ted is Gandalf,” said Commander Tom.
Amy: I'd compare him more to Gollum personally. :P

“They’re pro-free markets, they’re pro-private property,” he said. “That’s what evangelical stands for.”

Amy: I thought it had something to do with Jesus. Silly me. :?

In America the descendants of the Protestants, the Puritan descendants, we want to create a better future, and our speakers say that sort of thing. But with the influx of people from Mexico, they don’t tend to be the ones that go to universities and become our research-and-development people. And so in that way I see a little clash of civilizations.”

Amy: no comment :x

“My fear,” he says, “is that my children will grow up in an Islamic state.”

Amy: If the USA were run on his principles, I don't see much difference there. :roll:

And that is why he believes spiritual war requires a virile, worldly counterpart. “I teach a strong ideology of the use of power,” he says, “of military might, as a public service.” He is for preemptive war, because he believes the Bible’s exhortations against sin set for us a preemptive paradigm, and he is for ferocious war, because “the Bible’s bloody. There’s a lot about blood.”

Amy: See my previous comment. Is this much different from Osama? :x

According to one church member: The demons are cold, they need bodies, they long to come inside. People let them in in two different ways. One is to be sinned against. “Molested,” suggested Linda. The other is to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You could walk by sin—a murder, a homosexual act—and a demon will leap onto your bones. Cities, therefore, are especially dangerous.

Amy: Is this still the Middle Ages? :(

Just as we conform ourselves to God’s will, so, said Ted, must “the Woman.” The Woman must take on her man’s calling, her man’s desire.

Amy: see my previous comment. :cry:

Amy, I have edited your message to by taking the bold out of your link, it now works. -jep
amester

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum