[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC gone National

Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC gone National

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC gone National

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:17 pm

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/03 ... ted-states

Phyliss Schlafly worked closely with Pressler in the Takeover. See Lepore chapter in These Truths

2. Al Mohler said Billy Graham very active on fundy side in the takeover.

3. In the American religion 1993 Harold Bloom said the GOP was hell bent on becoming the party of the fetus

4. At water said you can't say nword nword nword anymore so you have to come up with something new

5. Randall Balmer said Weyrich's papers began to sizzle when he camed to realize abortion politics could replace race baiting in late 70s

6. Tom Edsall in his easily googled piece Audacity of Hate, ny times, filled in the blanks

7 so here we are today on NPR HERE and now with the big story on Adrian Rogers, Pressler, 43, Rove, Dick Land, FBC Spartanburg's Truth for a New Generation conferences in Kat Stewart's new book The Power Worshippers. Get a copy soon and spread the word
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC gone National

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:54 am

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:48 am

I’ve ordered .

Looks good.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:35 am

Is this thread from the Ronald Reagan era?
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 pm

If the book gets to my local library I’ll read it. I don’t trust some of the theocrats.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

I think Sallie Yates

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Has a copy of the Power Worshippers. She's in your neighborhood William, maybe you can borrow her copy.

And of course there are several copies at the Georgia Mall in Buford so you have no excuse waiting on Winder to get a copy. Ft Payne Alabama has one on order I think

And I was visiting SC recently and watched SC PBS running documentary featuring Diarmaid Macculoch and his Magisterial History of Christianity. that means Union and Cherokee County, Pacolet, Gaffney and Blacksburg can no longer claim ignorance on the Prostestant Reformation, the Great Awakening, The Thirty Years War or the Defenestration of Prague. I'm pretty sure the Pacolet librarian is a Furman grad. So if the light even on the Cane Ridge revival--all that is episode five--William you can't use ignorance as an excuse.

I doubt it will convince Sandy about Schlafly. I guess in a perfect world we would have to have a conference with Bill Moyers at Wake Forest with me and Balmer and Jill Lepore but he's so stubborn Bill Leonard himself could not convince him of the truth.

Even so anxiously waiting to see his take on the Power Worshippers. Good chance I will quote from him "liberally"--maybe even a few quips from Thorton--when I post the definitive blog this fall!

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Last edited by Sandy on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:41 pm

is Wikipedia's take on Weyrich’s political activism.

Consistent with The Power Worshippers narrative.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Schlafly key ingredient

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Schlafly key ingredient

Postby Sandy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum