[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Where Mohler missed the point on Calvin by a country Mile

Where Mohler missed the point on Calvin by a country Mile

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Where Mohler missed the point on Calvin by a country Mile

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:18 am

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandeth ... gian/4258/

That inch difference that makes all the difference if Mohler were even to be takenfor something other than a political operative

If you read this which stands on its own; but if you read it in tandem with tribute Alan Bean's magnificent tribute to Frank Tupper At Baptist Global News titled Graceland, then maybe you will be reminded just what a Great Tragedy Mohler assisted in the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Where Mohler missed the point on Calvin by a country Mil

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:41 pm

Sandy

Good point Sandy, But

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:58 am

As followers of the japery over the years between me and Flick and Thornton and the fellow that had a falling out with Gourley beyond redemption, I can't do the prerequisite reading for them. There is a history section on this board. People who want to catch up with me and you on the "connections" can spend some time there. In fact I posted a sterling link there yesterday in the New Insights into the fundy takeover stream from my Friend Randall Balmer who does a sterling update of how the Fundy takeover is gettin revised into the New Babdist Conservative Movement for the benefit of Trump and Pence. Key Huckabee operative is messin around there.

Thanks for reading this piece. Since you have wandered around in the weeds with me, yesterday Don Wilton, the senior pastor of FBC Spartanburg, said he thought this coronavirus virus was gonna work out and go away, and who knows, he may be right, then proceeded to preach onthe End Times.

Don't know if Trey Gowdy was in the congregation, or Franklin Graham was listening like his father up near the Cove, but I guess timing and everything else Gowdy stayed in his comfort zone.

And you remember Al Mohler told Bonhoeffer scholar Marsh, Billy Graham was very active with the fundies in the first takeover. Just a little detail for us dot connectors

Stephen Fox

And this, Same as it Ever Was

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhQKV5 ... pYRi_fzKq8

As performed Leap Day 2020 on SNL, The True Religion.

I became a great fan of Byrne and the Song in the 80s, and for me has been a key hymn in my repertoire as an antidote to religious funamentalism in all its aspects including the takeover.

Atimely find this morning on facebook wall by a friend of mine from Furman 50 years ago, whose Dad I remember fondly was tight with Marney. And now lives in Thornton's neighborhood outside Winder.

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum