[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - For Fox: was at Andalusia today

For Fox: was at Andalusia today

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

For Fox: was at Andalusia today

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:13 pm

You may know what that is...and a good man is still hard to find, especially among the democratic presidential candidates.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: For Fox: was at Andalusia today

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 pm

From Gerry Milligan ... Yawn, single-issue voters are boresome. It is even much more difficult to find a half-way decent man among the declared republican candidates
Joseph Patrick

Postby Haruo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:24 am

Actually, a couple of the declared Republican candidates who are not named Trump might be reasonably decent after the fashion of most of the Dem ones,
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:21 am

When fox gets to the liberry and replies to this, he will demonstrate that he knows what’s going on here. It’s not political.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:13 pm

I used to live in Milledgeville, so I know about that Andalusia. Is that where you were?
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Yes.
William Thornton
Site Admin

cant make the connection to Andalusia

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 pm

I do know Dan Carsen an NPR education reporter has posted concerns about Jeff Sessions campaign ads that go to the heart of Bama SBC complicity in Trumpism
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

richard Luo, New Yorker, Evangelicals

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:13 am

Thornton, that is the piece you should read, maybe even blog about. I have made reference to it in my sterling blog just after Christmas on the SC 4th of Trey Gowdy and FBC Sburg. Don't be a Mitch McConnell be an Adam Schiff. Get to the bottom of this matter. Andalusia whatever its significance is not Spartanburg as my blog reveals. Tell Jerry Vines I called Meet the Press yesterday about Senator Alexander. My grandfather's sisters Aunt Rebecca and Aunt Hazel campaigned for him in Maryville and Alcoa Tn in 72 and iI have mentioned The Light Pink Baptist Church Road just outside Murrville and the Oxford Ameriican before. We both know Vines had that one sermon on the Shekinah Glory. This is something different. Don't try to decipher the code, just do the background reading.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 am

So...Willie Boy stumped The Magnificent Stevie on a matter of literary importance. Do some remedial reading Stephen. You're slipping. Everything that rises must converge, bro. Get with the topic here.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:05 am

I think Flannery O'Connor is probably outside Stephen's reading genre. I have to say he's linked some excellent pieces lately, even prompted a couple of book purchases on my part.

I'm mildly surprised that this falls within William's range of interest, though. I wouldn't think O'Connor's work would provide much in the way of pulpit material for sermon illustrations that would go over well in most Southern Baptist churches today. Andalusia is an interesting place, definitely worth the slight detour off the beaten path.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:12 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

I was knocked of my bicycle Two weeks ago

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:14 pm

And went to the emergency room and it musta effected my memory.

Of course, Andalusia, the peacock farm of Flannery outside Milledgeville. Marney referenced Oconnor often and I know her better than Sandy would give me credit for.

I saw Wise Blood starring Brad Dourif in an arts theater off Inman Park with a Miss Alabama constestant in 81 an unforgettable outting.

Andalusia is being renovated. I know the genre. Flannery would have righteous fun with Jerry vines and Franklin Graham I'm convinced

Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Biblical opera, sort of? At Song Circle last night, I sang "Just Kill Me", the last song in my "comic worship oratorio, Jonah was a Prophet (Minor). It was well received.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin