[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - American Indian Capitol

American Indian Capitol

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

American Indian Capitol

Postby David Flick » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:48 pm

Anadarko, Oklahoma:

Sitting here in the public library in Anadarko, Oklahoma. Am attending an ABC/USA church camp out in the beautiful wooded hills about seven miles north of town. Things are slow in the afternoons, so I thought I'd come to town and get in the internet for a spell. On the way here, I went by and purchased a new Cheyenne tribal cap -- my old one is tattered and worn out. (William, you'll remember that this is the place where you and your crew experienced heat similar to that place opposite heaven when we toured it several years ago...) :D

It's stormy weather in Oklahoma these days. The last two nights brought severe storms through parts of the state. We're getting high winds, heavy rain, hail (big as softballs out at Vici, OK), and some tornados. One of those storms blew through Caddo County, OK last night. (Another one is building up in the west even as I write this.) I was bedded down in a church gym at Redstone Indian Baptsit Church about half way between Anadarko and Ft. Cobb. The storm didn't interupt my sleep too much.

Those who are familar with Oklahoma weather know that this state is the heart of "Tornado Alley." More tornados occur in Oklahoma than any other state. More tornados occur in May than any month of the year. However, an odd thing occurred this year. Oklahoma didn't have a single tornado in May this year. In the recorded history of weather, that's a first. But June is making up for lost time. So far, we're getting them near 'bout every night this month.

Well, this is more than you wanted to know about half of the BL.Com moderators, but I had time on my hands and here it is.

Back to your regularly scheduled fourm debates. I'll see you Monday.

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum