[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bedford VA

Bedford VA

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Bedford VA

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 364825001/

Yesterday we visited The National D-Day Memorial the focus of the above link, Located just outside of Bedford Virginia.

Trudy Has pictures on her Blog WWW.Trudystrips.blogspot.com
JE Pettibone

Re: Bedford VA

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:17 am

Bedford made the greatest sacrifice for D-Day of any US community. Glad you could visit there.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Bedford VA; attention Dave Roberts

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm

ED: Visiting the D-Day memorial is indeed a moving experience.

Dave, do you know any thing about the Hay Market Baptist Church?

We are near the center of a great many places found in American History. We are parked at the Greenville Farm, Family Campground, approximately 30 miles West of Washington DC. the same family has owned this 300 plus acres, near Haymarket VA for nearly 200 years.
It is in a beautiful setting of rolling the most modern thing here is a great albeit cold water swimming pool. Feels really good with 98 degree weather. There are a lot of huge rather new homes on large estates in the area. We went out this morning looking for breakfast but most of the restaurants we located do not open until 11:00 Burger King, neither of which are on my vacation list of favorites, we finally settled for an IHOP.
JE Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:38 pm

I do not know about the Haymarket Baptist Chur h. I'm afraid I have not spent a great deal of time in Northern VA. Hope you continue to have fun.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:18 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:05 am

I have visit3ed the D-Day Memorial twice. I was moved to tears, both times.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:57 pm

I have been to the D-Day memorial twice. I advise everyone to bring plenty of Kleenex when you visit.
Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm

I have been to the D-Day memorial twice. I advise everyone to bring plenty of Kleenex when you visit.
Chris

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum