[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Paula has died

Paula has died

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Paula has died

Postby Haruo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:55 pm

My wife Paula passed away this afternoon. At one time she was an occasional poster (Mrs Haruo) on these forums. We first met in Russian class on the first day of ninth grade, September, 1968. We were friends through high school, attended the same Presbyterian church, and were lab partners in biology. During that period, she was also the first person outside my family that I tried to teach Esperanto to. After high school we went very separate ways, she into the Navy where she was married and abused and disabled, not necessarily in that order, and I off to Yale where I quickly abandoned scholarship for inebriation. We finally met up again about the beginning of 2003, and were married August 10 of that year at Japanese Baptist Church in Seattle, where she was baptized again (her fourth, I think). We had seventeen pretty good years together. I trust she is free of the pain that has been a major part of her life for years.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Paula has died

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:46 am

I am sorry for your loss, Hauro. I’ll never forget your references to “the Missus” and her occasional post, sometimes quite sharp.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:52 am

Haruo, I am so sorry for your loss! I also very much enjoyed Mrs. Hauo's occasional posts here on the forum. You will be in my prayers today and in the coming weeks.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:01 pm

May God give you extra grace in these hard days. She was a special person.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:58 pm

I add my care and support for you in this time of transition and grieving of loss. I'm glad she is no longer in pain, Haruo.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm

I am so sorry Haruo
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby John Sneed » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 pm

So sorry for your loss.
John Sneed

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Haruo, interesting life story, some of which I coulda never imagined. Sorry for your loss, but I know you will go on living with aplomb as she wouldve wished from the bottom of her heart.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Michael » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Haruo,

So sorry to hear this news. May God's grace be encompassing and strong with you during the journey ahead.

Michael
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:22 pm

I am so sorry, Leland.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Haruo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Thanks for all the condolences. Paula was a more prolific poster here in days gone by than I had remembered. Perhaps some day I'll publish a book of her contributions to BL.com, with Bruce's permission, of course...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Her Memorial Service will be at Japanese Baptist in Seattle on Saturday, August 14, the day after what would have been our 18th wedding anniversary.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Her Memorial Service will be at Japanese Baptist in Seattle on Saturday, August 14, the day after what would have been our 18th wedding anniversary.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Paula's memorial service will be on Saturday, 3 pm, at Japanese Baptist Church in Seattle. Please email [url="mailto:rosharuo@gmail.com"]Leland[/url] if you want to attend. In-sanctuary attendance is limited, but there will be an open-air portion in a nearby park afterwards that all who wish may attend, with singing and refreshments.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:27 pm

I wish I could attend, but I am on the wrong coast.
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:27 pm

I wish I could attend, but I am on the wrong coast.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:58 am

I too wish it were possible to be there to support you and celebrate Paula's life. May God's grace continue in these days.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Paula's Memorial Service

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 pm

It just occurred to me that I never posted a link to the YouTube of at Japanese Baptist. (The portions that followed in front of the church and down the street at the park were not so well conserved.)

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum