[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Impeachment at this time

Impeachment at this time

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Impeachment at this time

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

After listening to the debates, I side with those who want to avoid further inflaming division/violence (which would very likely include more guns/explosives) and vote against impeachment at the time. I do see the other side though - a matter of principle.

May it happen that (1) Trump will call off his attack dogs forever and (2) subject himself to criminal inquiry (on numerous accounts) soon after 1/20/21. I will be wrong if either of these occurrences don’t happen. He must be brought to justice.

McConnell has now said he will not allow impeachment in the Senate until 1/19/21, anyway.

And just for safety, have the inauguration indoors.
Last edited by KeithE on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Impeachment at this time

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:05 pm

FWIW, I’m saying that safety takes precedence over the immediacy of justice. Justice must be served in a prompt manner; but need not be before the inauguration. And it will involve more than just Trump - probably including my own US Representative Mo Brooks.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:17 pm

A year ago, six months ago it might have been both proper and doable. I’d see where Biden wants to go. Dems are experts at screwing up golden opportunities.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:21 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 am

The GOP now has a golden opportunity to begin to rid themselves of the stench of the last four years. If they would help convict Trump sometime in the coming weeks it would allow them to start to distance themselves from someone that I'm sure many of them, if not most, wished had not been their leader the last four years.

I gather that Mitch McConnell is giving serious thought to supporting conviction. I have no idea what choice he will make. But if he chooses to support conviction the rest of his party would be wise to listen to his reasoning. I'm not a fan of Mitch, but he is an astute politician. If he thinks it is time to convict Trump than he sees long term value for the party in the decision, and even what he thinks is best for the country.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues