[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - It is Far From Over

It is Far From Over

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

It is Far From Over

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:39 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: It is Far From Over

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:21 am

Surely they will be prepared this time.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:06 am

I do worry about possible violence either on Inauguration Day or sometime during the days before or after. It appears that they are way better prepared than last time. I hope that causes the far right crazies to think better of doing anything.

A couple of denominations (UCC and PCUSA) have received information that progressive congregations might be protested at or attacked sometime this week. My congregation is meeting online only right now. So, they'd be protesting an empty building. The UMC didn't put out similar warnings.

In my small community I don't know that I actually expect anything unless your church is close to a state capitol building. (We are about 20 miles away from the Iowa state capitol.) We are one of the most progressive congregations in Indianola. But so far the most we've been targeted is the theft of a rainbow flag last summer.

But I would encourage everyone to keep their eyes open to nut jobs who may be more active than normal in the coming days.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 pm

I know I refrained from putting up Biden/Harris signs (or Doug Jones signs) due to fear of violence. In my neighborhood Trump/Pence signs (as well as Brooks and Tuperville signs) were removed soon after the election but at three locations the Trump/Pence signs reappeared at those three locations on 1/7 or 1/8 and are still up. At first blush this means they have renewed hope for Trump (as President or GOP Kingpin)

My church has not received any adverse vandalism lately. Two members of my church are exploring running for Brooks's position if he gets removed as he should be for “incitement”.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

How it plays in Bammer

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 am

I'm not ready to say extremist right wing violence is over. But I’m glad there was no further violence aimed at overthrowing the election.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Hear there was some left wing violence just not in dc.

All the violent right wingers? Lock ‘em up.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

rihgt and left violence, Antifa and the proud boogaloo patri

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Definitive piece to date was written early Nov in New Yorker from the Portland experience. Read that and discern a little bettter.

Also exhaustive piece in the New Yorker within the last few days on the Ga 14 Qanon MT Greene District. You can click on live link to that piece in today's Michele Goldberg's FEB 2 column NY Times.

And Tomorrow, Weds Feb 3 Ga NPR GPB News facebook or url. Bill Nigut and political rewind live for the hour on MT Greene. I hit their facebook strong this morning and the group Rewinders Unwind with some insight and truth telling. Had good chat with the Rome News Tribune two hours ago and US Rep Mace office of SC and Timmons.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues