[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trump Reprisal

Trump Reprisal

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Trump Reprisal

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:45 am

(Moving from to this more appropriate forum)

Truth is I was leery about Trump’s character/leadership/honesty when he was elected (and I was right to be so).

But I had real hopes that Trump would do some good - namely doing what promised:
1) get our military out of the Middle East
2) a $1T infrastructure program
3) improve the economy for the middle class
4) overturn Roe vs Wade

He did none of that.

BTW, Inequality (a long term ill that I have tracked for decades) has gotten somewhat worse.
(awaiting 2019 DATA)

Instead he has:

1) lied to the American people to the tune of
2) sided with authoritative leaders around the world
3) displayed cruelty at the border
4) ignored scientific and academic experts in favor of his arrogant “gut”.
5a) mishandled the pandemic. Statistics show that ~98.5% of the deaths could have been avoided if we followed the stringency South Korea followed and ~70% avoided if we followed what Germany did) . Sorry but that is what the DATA shows.
5b) all in name of protecting the economy which has flailed anyway (much worse than the 2008 recession)
5c) and Trump has shown little leadership in bringing relief to millions of Americans

Even today he is:

1) focussing on election grievances (the worse election loser in US history)
2) raising money for himself
3) perhaps stoking a violent insurrection (Proud boys, etc “standing by”, Trump loyalists planted in DoD) - let's hope not.

IMHO he has been the worse President in American history and we must end all remnants of Trumpism (mainly ensconced in what used to be the Republican Party)/
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Trump Reprisal

Postby Haruo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:35 am

I think Trump's been a pretty bad president, and he's certainly acting like the worst loser in US presidential election history. But what on earth do you mean about "ending" all remnants of Trumpism? Deport all who refuse to endorse Biden's victory to Brazil?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Zzzzz...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:36 pm

I renew my call for divided gummit. You should find some real haters out there. There are plenty to choose from.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:42 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues