R.I.P. V.O.A.

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

R.I.P. V.O.A.

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:39 pm

FROM Gerry Milligan ... For the 32 years, we served with the IMB in the Middle-East and Eastern Europe the availability of Voice of America radio kept us informed and helped us to maintain our sanity. This year the draft-dodging CIC installed Michael Pack, a sycophant of the aforementioned draft-dodger. to head up VOA. Pack has fired most if those who kept VOA radio/television broadcasting. The reason given was that VOA kowtowed to China. The real reason was that unlike Unfair and unbalanced Fox, VOA reported accurately and the draft-dodger did not want the world to see him as he is.
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Re: R.I.P. V.O.A.

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:57 am

This is not the first effort at changing the VOA. The first was when Ronald Reagan installed Kenneth Tomlinson, a high school friend of mine, as the VOA head. That was the first effort to turn its broadcasts more to the right. The latest may well finish VOA as having any independence of administrations, wanting to make it the mouthpiece of those currently in office. It's a sad story.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues