Kamala

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Kamala

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:50 pm

This was my statement from last Dec 3:

Consider yours truly to have had clear vision about Kamala Harris who dropped out. I saw a nothingburger, visionless, dud from the start. Taken down by Tulsi and her own lack of skill. Obama was riveting. Harris boring. If there was a central focus to her candidacy it was never communicated.

Harris on defunding police?

Three old white guys and a black lady.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Kamala

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am

She was my early favorite as documented here in Jan 2019.

Kamala Harris

Since then she has been somewhat elusive on liberal efforts like Green New Deal and Medicare for All.

But I like her background (poor but educated), demeanor (unflappable), empathy (towards to hurting), eagerness to form a more perfect union (criminal justice system, severe inequality), and killer instinct (towards the self-serving, and criminals - e.g. Trump). Have not heard about her economic stances.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:34 pm

From Gerry Milligan...For the THREE Rs (RRR) on BaptistLife.com who might be reading this: a viewing of FAUX (FOX) will give an idea of their venomous reporting on Kamala.
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...For the THREE Rs (RRR) on BaptistLife.com who might be reading this: a viewing of FAUX (FOX) will give an idea of their venomous reporting on Kamala.

Who are the 3 Rs?
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:38 pm

KeithE wrote:
Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...For the THREE Rs (RRR) on BaptistLife.com who might be reading this: a viewing of FAUX (FOX) will give an idea of their venomous reporting on Kamala.

Who are the 3 Rs?

Keith, once you are in the Pacific Northwest, most people would explain. But Leland has warned me of being too offensive on this site.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 am

William Thornton wrote:This was my statement from last Dec 3:

Consider yours truly to have had clear vision about Kamala Harris who dropped out. I saw a nothingburger, visionless, dud from the start. Taken down by Tulsi and her own lack of skill. Obama was riveting. Harris boring. If there was a central focus to her candidacy it was never communicated.

Did you ever get a chance to hear Harris speak? I saw her speak at the Democratic forum in Des Moines earlier in the year. She was the best speaker closely followed by Mayor Pete.

Mike Pence has to be one of the dullest speakers I've ever heard. And he looked like a complete doofus in Iowa yesterday sucking up to farmers while ignoring weather devastated Cedar Rapids and making weird claims about Kamala and meat.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:34 pm

When Kamala spoke with Biden, it was a masterful prosecutorial opening statement of the charges. Now for the evidence and the closing summation for the jury.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:27 pm

William Thornton wrote:This was my statement from last Dec 3:

From Gerry Milligan ... You gave us your impression of the Democratic Vice-Presidential candidate. I must say that you are light-years apart from what the draft dodger called her. Following Jeffress, Falwell, and Graham's assertions that the president is a Christian, are the names the president called her indicative of speech that real Christians use?
Joseph Patrick

Warnock and abortion

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:12 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

NPR Here and Now picked up story Feb 23/Jezebel

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am

You can google and listen online. The Jezebel story of the jackleg SBC preacher of Lindale Texas, and one that preceded him. There is a one sentence unpacking of these backwoods boys by JD Grear but mostly an interview of an academic, a Black Baptist preacher's daughter herself, in African American studies, an expert on interpolations of Jezebel.

She has a personal story about a member of her church making mention of her eleven year old derrierre and calling her a Jezebel. Her parents told her to dress more modestly. I remember a famous SBC preacher at the SBC Convention of New Orleans making reference to same of an influential SBWIM organizer to the effect she was leading the "Rump" convention.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues