[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - An apology? (of sorts)

An apology? (of sorts)

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

An apology? (of sorts)

Postby Joseph Patrick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:00 pm

From Gerry Milligan ... This shout-out apology goes to William T. I know that he admits being republican, but events recently show me that he is much more irenic than many of the republicans in our country (fortunately, they are not on BaptistLife).
The events to which I refer are some recent emails, twitter items, and facebook posts from some very rabid republican inlaws. (I hate it that they now have my email address). It was their vile (yes VILE) posts that led me to close my facebook and twitter accounts.
So, William, I apologize for lumping all republicans together. While we differ in our political loyalties, you, at least, do not stoop to their level.
For me, I have no claim to blood kinship with these relatives of my wife.
Joseph Patrick

Re: An apology? (of sorts)

Postby William Thornton » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Well, uh, no prob, bro.

I don’t know that I’ve ever claimed to be a republican. We don’t register by party here. Voted for a Democratic prez back in ‘76 when I was young, stupid and taken with the favorite son thing. May have voted for a dem in 2016 if someone decent was the nominee.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues