No, you really can't make this stuff up...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

No, you really can't make this stuff up...

Postby Sandy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:22 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ex-n881051

Inexplicable. Birds of a feather.

You can almost hear the clicks of the votes going over to whomever the Democrats nominate.
Sandy

Re: No, you really can't make this stuff up...

Postby Haruo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Basically, his stated reason for the pardon is that they didn't do anything he wouldn't have done in the same circumstances, so they did nothing wrong. Which is precisely why he needs to NOT be our President. Among other reasons. At least Bloomberg is trying to buy the Presidency with his "own" money, instead of financing his campaign with donations people thought were going to a veterans' charity. The whole thing is pathetic.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:07 am

Haruo wrote:Basically, his stated reason for the pardon is that they didn't do anything he wouldn't have done in the same circumstances, so they did nothing wrong. Which is precisely why he needs to NOT be our President. Among other reasons. At least Bloomberg is trying to buy the Presidency with his "own" money, instead of financing his campaign with donations people thought were going to a veterans' charity. The whole thing is pathetic.

I am just tired of this campaign. Trump started his the day after the last election. Rather than building a record of accomplishments on which to run, he has held endless rallies where some of the crowd was hired, given signs, hats, and t-shirts, and stirred to a frenzy. The Democrats have run a campaign that should have generated much enthusiasm but has ended by nit-picking one another to death. I don't see anything good headed our way unless there are changes. Frankly. I like the Canadian system where national campaigns can only last for one month. The prices paid for campaigns are even more obscene than the salaries of baseball players.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am

Dave Roberts wrote:The prices paid for campaigns are even more obscene than the salaries of baseball players.

I agree with that 100%. There should be a dollar limit placed on campaigns depending on the office and that's all they get. No PACs, which are just bank accounts with a few rules designed to get around the maximum contribution rules. And the sitting President would not be allowed to travel at government expense on Air Force One to campaign rallies or events, his campaign budget would have to bear that expense.

Although, tongue-in-cheek, it almost seems a shame to take the Trump rallies away from the Democrats that they appear to be helping out in red states with close elections. Trump shows up and the boost pushes the Democrat over the top.

I realize that watching a series of debates moving from state to state is for the benefit of the voters in those states, though by now anyone paying attention and planning to vote in the primaries can probably state the positions of each candidate by heart.
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues