[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Greatest Show on Earth...been in DC for quite some time

The Greatest Show on Earth...been in DC for quite some time

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

The Greatest Show on Earth...been in DC for quite some time

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 am

Nasty rumor that Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey's The Greatest Show on Earth circus is defunct. Nah, it's been in DC for years.

Odd observation: I get a Sunday newspaper, the venerable Atlanta Journal Constitution. Impeachment news was on page six. I suppose it will jump to page one this week. If the thing drags on, I'd guess that the public would be even more disgusted with the whole sham process. But, who knows, maybe the Democratic House will keep the thing going even after the Senate deep sixes it. Pretty good plan to reelect the president I think. And you've got Nancy's lieutenant saying that Trump can prove his innocence. Really? You are in Congress and are dumb enough to say this? More to come, I'm sure.

And, you saw the NY Times supporting both Warren and Klobuchar for president? Warren lies every time she speaks about Medicare for all but we're used to that. No one believes her anyway. I told you that Klobuchar has looked good through all the debates.

Bern will be 79 if elected and had a heart attack recently. Seriously? For president?

Biden continues to underwhelm. Can't believe Dem voters would prefer a guy who created the swamp to, well, anyone else who is running in the primaries.

For my rabid Dem friends: Guy who lives across the street from my church is a Trump guy with not just a yard sign but a 25 foot flagpole flying the Trump flag. True believer there. We don't talk politics in my church, do voter guides, etc. I'd guess that my church is about 10% minority, unless you count females as minority, then we're probably 2/3 minority.

Not much of a chance Trump will lose here in Georgia.

I haven't decided if I will vote for him or not.

Gonna be a fun year.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: The Greatest Show on Earth...been in DC for quite some t

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

It will indeed be a fun year, maybe tragically amusing, and there's plenty of time between now and November for either side or both (or agents beyond their control, from candidates' health sagas to terrorists foreign and domestic to the economy) to do something really wrong with the potential to affect the outcome. Once more, the Electoral College will be key. It wouldn't surprise me much for the Democrat to rack up a popular vote majority three or four times Hillary's, and still lose in the EC. And if it looks like he's going to lose, I wouldn't be surprised to see DJT try to cancel the election on national security grounds via a tweeted executive order. I hope everyone will follow my example and refuse to vote before Election Day.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:34 am

Page 6 is about right. Everyone knows that Moscow Mitch and Trump' Lap Dog Lindsey lied through their teeth taking an oath to fairly consider all evidence, so there is zero chance of conviction. After all, while DJT is the 3rd POTUS impeached, none has ever been convicted and removed from office.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:18 am

Both warpo and nyt have a pay wall. I would like to read all of noonans columns. Sometimes I can, often not.

Here in Georgia immigrants and transplanted yanks have changed the political landscape. Not seeing trump lose here this year. We can always gerrymander, you know, for state races.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:34 am

I keep waiting for either the Dems OR the Repubs to put up a presidential candidate who I feel deserves my vote. In '16 I did something I'd never before done, which was to write in a candidate's name for president. (That candidate was Evan McMullin, who was a nominal Republican running as an independent but whose name did not appear on the Texas ballot.) I knew full well that my preferred candidate didn't stand a snowball's chance in Hades of actually winning, but I didn't want on judgment day to have to explain to my Lord my helping to put either DJT or Hillary in office. ;-)

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Lou

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 pm

I have put both McMullin and Finn on my short list of articles to write for the Esperanto Wikipedia. I noticed that he has not been given an article in any language other than English, but that she has articles in , , , and , and her was founded in , so it was not initially motivated by her VP candidacy.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Sandy

Thornton could learn from my blog

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:20 pm

The one on SC 4th and Country Club Republcans.

It gets down to the nitty gritty about the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC. I doubt we would have Trump now if not for the takeover. Randall Balmer makes a similar case today in his column where he is adopting the name Sojourners Christian.

A bullet point. I was hoping for more perspicacity from James Lankdord the son in law of a former SBC takeover President.
'
But he is cavalierly dismissing Bolton revelations in todays times.

Alan Bean has good facebook post on Judge Clinton impeacher today circus.

I do hope Thornton will read the blog
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Hie thee to Kolob, that's what the hymn says! Can you provide a link to a public utterance of Mitt Romney's on that topic? Orrin Hatch I have no doubt of, but Romney, I've never seen the goods.

Mrs. Haruo is descended from Brigham's inner circle, and she has aunts and cousins to the SE who still harbor hopes of winning her back. And me with her.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 pm

! Soka Gakkai is in a way the Mormonism of Japanese Buddhism.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:55 pm

From Gerry Milligan... William T said: "Not much of a chance Trump will lose here in Georgia.
I haven't decided if I will vote for him or not."

So, William, by saying this, it does not appear to bother you that many are saying 'Your vote for anyone shows you not only support that person but condone their behavior."
Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:29 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Sandy

Todd Heifner on Lamar Alexander

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Todd is well networked in progressive Baptist circles. He is well acquainted with the Black Republican of the Bush 43 White House now at the Aspen Inst, Eric Motley, both great friends and admirers of the late Samford President Tom Corts

I have contacted Meet the Press about Todd's facebook post on Graham as both are native Tennesseans.

Find Todd on Facebook and read away.

Stephen Fox

Jimmy Kimmel on Don Trump jr resume

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:46 am

Little Donnie has been cruel to Mitt lately alledgedly calling him a f bombing Pword that his Daddy grabs. All over Hunter. Jimmy Kimmel took a look at Don Jrs Resume last night. Don Jr is a punk

Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues