[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Home Depot, Trump and FoxNews

Home Depot, Trump and FoxNews

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Home Depot, Trump and FoxNews

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:19 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Home Depot, Trump and FoxNews

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 am

Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 am

Bernie gave us the Georgia Aquarium. Arthur Blank, the Falcons as a competitive team and Atlanta United, soccer champs.

I'll take the Lowes here any day over HD. They are across the street from each other. One reason is that once I'm in the Lowe's system as a vet, I get an automatic 10% discount. The personnel are better at Lowes here. Materials and prices about the same.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Never heard of Bernie or of the boycott. Home Depot is 45 miles from me, and Lowe's is 19, so I visit Lowe's more often.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Just wanted to get on the record that Bernie Sanders just came out (at 2:15 CDT today) with a list of “anti-endorsement” prominent billionaires that included Bernie Marcus.

Look at comments to get time of publishing.

So this could not be the provocation of the Trump/FoxNews story (mentioning “Radical Left Democrats”) that was released much earlier today. (Unless of course Trump had Bernie Sanders under surveillance).

BTW, I have no problem with the “prominent billionaires” speaking their minds against Sanders and I have no problem with Sanders pointing these people’s “anti-endorsement” of Sanders’s candidacy. Part of 1st amendment speech protection.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I have to wonder whether these kinds of stories aren't just floated out there by businesses to boost sales. The Chick-Fil-A thing a few years ago got thousands of people to line up and boost sales which, remarkably, had dropped off from a peak a year or so before. Likewise the Hobby Lobby issue got a lot of people through the door to just pick up something to show support. It came at a time when the company was closing a lot of its "marginal" stores, including all three of the ones near us at the time. My wife, as a teacher, was particularly fond of Mardel next door, owned by the same company, which also shut down about three months before the court decision was rendered. So Nike has benefitted from the controversy with their endorser and spokesperson, Colin Kaepernick. It will be interesting to see what this does for Home Depot.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Not sure why popped into being when I intended it as a comment on this thread.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues