[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Okay, here's my first choice

Okay, here's my first choice

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Okay, here's my first choice

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm

I am a Buttigieg for President person at least pending disillusionment. Here's with a bit of info on his religious background and opinions.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Okay, here's my first choice

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Too early for me. I will eventually be looking to see who the Libertarians put up this time.
Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm

I agree, it's too early. I like Haruo's phrase, "pending disillusionment." The Democratic field so far is full of excellent candidates. At the moment, the more I hear from Beto O'Rourke, the more I like him. Amy Klobuchar is also a favorite, as is Cory Booker. General election I will vote for whomever the Democrats nominate. I'd like to see them go for a diverse ticket. I will be looking more into what Buttigieg is all about, after reading this piece and seeing him a couple of times on local television. Any Democrat who wins the nomination will beat the orange hair, so this might be a good chance for someone like him.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:11 am

Hil had it in the bag too.

Beto would be the clean teeth favorite. Klobuchar the office bully candidate. Poor old hair-sniffing Joe has had the age pass him by. Bern's indignancy played well in 2015 and 2016 when the process was rigged. Not so much now. Cory and Kamala cancel each other out.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 am

Still too early, but Leland's post made me wonder which Libertarians are running. Sounds like Gary Johnson, favorite of the past two elections, has been shelved.
Rvaughn

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 am

As previously announced I like Kamala Harris best at this time. She has the business-like coolnesss, studied viewpoints ( that I agree with except abortion) and life experience that it takes to be President at this time when big time lobbying is ruling the roost imo. Read her book We Hold These Truths.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 am

Biden and Sanders aren't that much older than orange hair. I'd support either one, just because they are both capable of delivering a trouncing of epic proportions and perhaps some of Trump's more extreme supporters would exercise their threats and leave the country as a result. Not sure where they'd go, Canada is too liberal and has socialized medicine, and they hate Mexicans. Maybe Russia would be a good place.

The Libertarians might be worth watching. Not because they have a chance, but they sometimes do a good job of drawing off support that might otherwise go to Republicans. Someone like Justin Amash at the top of their ticket could shift electoral votes in a few states, most notably his home state of Michigan which is a must-win for orange hair. The anti-Trump Republican group is beginning to coalesce and gather some name-recognized leadership and the chances are pretty good that they may decide to either challenge Trump for the nomination or step over to the Libertarians. There are a few active politicians who have no worries about any political consequences for challenging orange hair, like Ben Sasse, John Kasich, Larry Hogan or Mitt Romney but there are also some Republicans with name recognition who won't support Trump and might be persuaded to support a Republican opponent or even come out for the Democrats, among them former President George W. Bush, Cindy and Meghan McCain, Jeff Flake, and former Massachusetts governor William Weld, who is apparently planning a run for the GOP nomination.
Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm

If Buttigieg starts gaining real traction in the field, I wonder how long before the Prez remembers the fun he had with Pocahontas, and starts calling him "the Maltese faggot". © 2019 Leland Bryant Ross. I made that slur up, and by golly, if Trump starts using it without negotiating royalties (all of which I will donate, minus ten percent finder's fee and ten percent handling fee and legal expenses, to the Buttigieg campaign) I definitely will sue! Be interesting to see if anyone would really get on my case for "hate speech".

My apologies.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:46 am

Too early for me to have a favorite. But I’d be unhappy with Bernie as the pick. I don’t want to vote for someone who’s will be nearly 80 when they walk into the White House.

I’m starting to think congress needs a mandatory retirement age as it is. Chuck Grassley is becoming an embarrassment to Iowa with his sucking up to the President rather than protecting Iowa jobs. I can’t believe he backed down on Trump’s idiotic windmill comments.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:46 am

Rvaughn

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues