[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - March For Life Participants Mock, Intimidate Native American

March For Life Participants Mock, Intimidate Native American

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

March For Life Participants Mock, Intimidate Native American

Postby Sandy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 am

I'd be curious to know what happens to the boys from the Catholic school in Kentucky who were involved in this. What a great example they've set by going to Washington to take part in a "March for Life" and then, in front of the Lincoln Memorial, put on a display that undermines everything they were there to stand up for.
Sandy

Re: March For Life Participants Mock, Intimidate Native Amer

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Two things to note:

Trump - not because he is genuinely against abortion but because he wants the anti-abortion voting bloc. In 1999 he said he was and may in fact .) Abortion (which I am totally against) is not what animates Trump.

Ironic that the nativism that Trump deliberately inflames (another sizable voting bloc) does not have room for the most Native of all, namely the Native American Indians.

My opinions- this was an ugly scene urged on by Trump MAGA hats and what those hats really stand for to many. Hope the Catholic church in Kentucky suspends the students that mocked the drummer for at least a year.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm

My guess is that these are kids from a private school who have always been shielded from anyone of a different color, a different race, or a different ethnic background. They have gotten a veneer of religion, but not much of it seems to have taken.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:57 am

I know this fits the prejudices of my mod/lib trumphateing friends but there are serious problems with this.

Of course, once you find something that fits your views, it's easy to swallow that and ignore any dispute.

One more reason why there's little profit in political discussions here.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:04 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:53 am

There is an "alternate version" of events involving a group of "Black Hebrew Israelites" that starts about an hour or so before this particular incident occurred. That somehow got mixed up in all of this. Phillips, the Native American, was attempting to put him and his group in between the students and the other group. Predictably there are different versions of events. In the video there clearly are individuals in MAGA hats who are shouting at Phillips while he is singing.

I've taken groups to March for Life, but quit doing it several years ago. For one thing, it is January and we got stranded along the PA turnpike for 16 hours on the way home one time. For another, the rallies have become nothing but right wing extremist crap, political campaign promotion and triumphalist nonsense and not worth the time or the expense. The weekend of March for Life is also a weekend for other marches and rallies, and the potential for conflicts like this is high. There's no civility in politics anymore and the last thing you need is an encounter like this with a school group.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:40 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Anybody got a link handy to the "complete" 20-minute video that Sandy's initial post here is a snippet from? I'm interested in seeing the Black Israelite and/or Black Muslim involvement, and the drummer's approach to the young folks. On the snippet above, I don't see the mockery alleged. Not sure if any of those kids had a clue what was going on. I'm not at all sure any of them intended any disrespect. But I would like to see the whole film.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Leland, this following link is one I found searching for "long video" of the incident. What is posted at the following link is apparently one hour and 46 minutes long, not 20 minutes. I don't have time to look at it, but this might give a bigger context, maybe made by one of the Black Hebrew Israelites. It seems legit, as far as a real video.
Rvaughn

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:38 am

After additional information has come out regarding this, the situation seems more complicated than it was originally presented. The only group I cannot find in any of the stories are the adults who were supposed to be with the teens from the Cincinnati area. The mall in Washington is always a complicated place filled with groups exercising their First Amendment rights. The confrontation with the Native American drummer seems that he was trying to push the students back to avoid potential danger for them. The situation has prompted additional lengthy reports from many media sources, and we may all (myself included) rushed toward judgments without many of the facts. I'm still not certain that all of them have come out, but threats made on the lives of young people and on the native American US veteran are very wrong in all counts.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Amen, Robert.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin