Next Dem debate, all white.

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm

I think that's a good idea, too. I don't think there's any chance of it, either.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13113
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:43 am

Yeah...well...so I forgot about it. Didn't watch a minute. Reading reviews, Klobuchar was said to have done well. She's been good every time. Not much of a chance but impressive in outlasting many better funded and better known candidates.

So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 am

William Thornton wrote:So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.


They just look like some of the rest of us William (which includes you and me).
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Dave Roberts
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7666
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Southside, VA

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 am

William Thornton wrote:Yeah...well...so I forgot about it. Didn't watch a minute. Reading reviews, Klobuchar was said to have done well. She's been good every time. Not much of a chance but impressive in outlasting many better funded and better known candidates.

So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.


Aw shucks, we'll miss your reflexive cynicism of all dems - such an open person you are.

For my take on the debate which I did watch, no clear winner; but Warren has the most energy; Steyer the most heart. Best moment was when Warren pointed out the political win-lost records; only men have lost. Perhaps America does not give women a second chance (Hillary has essentially been disqualified).

Another moment, the encounter between Warren and Sanders right after the debate ended (with Steyer's eyes darting back and forth) was interesting. Hope that Steyer tells what was said. It appeared that Warren would not shake Sanders’ outstretched hand.

Studying the stances on line, I believe Warren has the most comprehensive set of ideas to improve our country. She has some ideas on how to pay for the better services she puts forward (but has not balanced the books for each collective service to the America people (or industry) with cost-benefit analysis). She would do well to prioritize her ideas.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9320
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:41 am

Dave Roberts wrote:
William Thornton wrote:So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.


They just look like some of the rest of us William (which includes you and me).


But not me, I’m only 69.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9320
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 pm

William Thornton wrote:So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.


Yes, well a couple of years back I was told that 60 is the new 40. Works for me.

The age of the leading Democrats is far less of a concern for me than the incompetence, ineptness and mental instability shown by Trump. Apparently, it is a concern for more than just a few folks.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/17/fifty-sev ... 2020-poll/

I'm coming around to Warren. I watched a clip in which she turned the tables on an angry Evangelical voter at a rally in Iowa who was trying to pigeonhole her with the "all liberals are feminist babykillers" argument. Her response sort of reminded me of 1 Peter 3:15 as she characterized the emotional state and circumstances of what a woman seeking an abortion might be going through and gave an answer that would have been right down the line Republican five years ago, referenced the fact that she is also an Evangelical and then, in complete gentleness and respect, thanked the guy for asking the question. The biggest dangers for Trump of a Warren candidacy is that he is absolutely no match for her in terms of intellect or personality and she deals in facts while he lies through his teeth. His head will explode in a debate with her, which might as well be a campaign ad for her. Imagine a Warren-Klobuchar ticket, two intelligent, well-spoken women, balancing each other's positions out. It would take more than Russian interference for Trump to win against that.
Sandy
 

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 pm

KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Yeah...well...so I forgot about it. Didn't watch a minute. Reading reviews, Klobuchar was said to have done well. She's been good every time. Not much of a chance but impressive in outlasting many better funded and better known candidates.

So, we've got the geriatric trifecta: Warren (70), Bernie (78), and Biden (77). Trump is 73.


Aw shucks, we'll miss your reflexive cynicism of all dems - such an open person you are.

For my take on the debate which I did watch, no clear winner; but Warren has the most energy; Steyer the most heart. Best moment was when Warren pointed out the political win-lost records; only men have lost. Perhaps America does not give women a second chance (Hillary has essentially been disqualified).

Another moment, the encounter between Warren and Sanders right after the debate ended (with Steyer's eyes darting back and forth) was interesting. Hope that Steyer tells what was said. It appeared that Warren would not shake Sanders’ outstretched hand.

Studying the stances on line, I believe Warren has the most comprehensive set of ideas to improve our country. She has some ideas on how to pay for the better services she puts forward (but has not balanced the books for each collective service to the America people (or industry) with cost-benefit analysis). She would do well to prioritize her ideas.


Hard data here bro. Though you would appreciate it.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Next Dem debate, all white.

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 pm

KeithE wrote:Another moment, the encounter between Warren and Sanders right after the debate ended (with Steyer's eyes darting back and forth) was interesting. Hope that Steyer tells what was said. It appeared that Warren would not shake Sanders’ outstretched hand.


Warren accused Sanders in tense post-debate exchange of calling her a 'liar' on national TV

I hope these two great politicians can make up. Most likely Sanders did say in Dec 2018 that a 'women cannot win’ (or words to that effect) to Warren. But I doubt he really believes that.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9320
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests