Who is overseeing Baptist History at CBF/Alliance Seminaries

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Who is overseeing Baptist History at CBF/Alliance Seminaries

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 am

I am concerned given a florid heated intense exchange over the weekend some products of the various schools and Baptist Studies programs are not giving James Dunn, Randall Lolley, Stewart A Newman, Dilday, Shackleford and Martin their place in Baptist history and the significance of it all. Their resistance to the Birch Society and White Citizens Council.

Dunn said Baptists need to know their history, and now with the Trump base strong in SBC--read nybooks.com piece up today complete with statue of Billy Graham--it is evident there is a cavalier group obsessed with transgenders and the LGBTQ gamut at the expense of the virtue of Baptist greats of a near recent era.

Thoughts are still developing in light of the weekend. May come back to this later but thought I would post to see if there is some traction, some thoughts for the likes of Gourley, Richard Kremer, Balmer and folks with chips in the game at the various seminaries.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage