[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ken Sehested on 2020 Consequential election

Ken Sehested on 2020 Consequential election

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Ken Sehested on 2020 Consequential election

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Was posted today at Good Faith Media dot org

Marneyesque and I think will stand the test of time as a definitive marker of this Trump Moment.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Fox News marker for this Trump moment

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Stephen Fox

Another marker of 2020

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am

Lindsey Graham will be at the Madren Center in Clemson SC tonight with free bbq about 7 miles from Central where he was raised on top of a liquor store and pool hall. His sister Darline Nordone has been doing campaign ads for him.

They were raised babdist.

Last night 30,000 congregated about five from where my Dad was raised in the Celanese village of Rome Ga now near the Fuddruckers, the Berry College Bypass and the Rome Braves Stadium. about quarter mile from the Rome Braves, and five miles from the Richard Russell Airport where Trump entertained 30,000 at 830 pm just outside the Berry College Gates where Nurturing Faith Baptist Today's John Pierce went to school.

So worlds collide. I think Dwight Moody is talking about a church near St Simons, Jekyll Island Ga where Armaud Arberry was murdered. A Furman grad did a great piece on the murder 6 months ago. He was raised there and knew Ahmaud.

Trump signs will get you in trouble. In Collinsville the Morgan preacher had a Phil Williams sign in his front yard in support of one of four sons, a political operative and to signify the Mother Gloria single issue politics of abortion.

Here is the marker day before the Decision on Trump, in Some ways Same as It Ever Was. Trump sign, the congregation goes apey and the preacher leaves town.

https://baptistnews.com/article/why-im- ... 6ASrYhKiM8

Stephen Fox

Re: Ken Sehested on 2020 Consequential election

Postby William Thornton » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm

St simons island and Jekyll island are both, well, islands.

“F” for Fox in geography, but then he grew up in S.C. and lives in Alabama.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Jekyll and St Simons

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Thornton is right, they are both islands. I was having trouble thinking of the name of Brunswick Ga where Arberry was killed but all are in the vicinity. So give Fox a B plus on towns in and islands in georgia and an A for bringing to this board great topics, columns, testimonies to this board for discussion.

BTW William former chair of Davidson History dept who calls my blog, "illuistrious", emailed a link couple days ago of a Jon Meacham piece in NY Times with a 60s pic of Wallace comparing 68 to Trump in the present. The first sentence is a home run. See if you can google it up.

I'm closer than you think. If you will compromise a little can meet you at the two year old Cracker Barrel some Friday noon or Supper for the Child's price Cod. The New One in Cornelia, next to last exit before you cross the SC line.

Before they voted me out of the Babdist in Collinsville made several trips with the youth to Jekyll in the 90s. Was a smart bunch for a small town.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:40 am

You post a bird list recently sfox?
William Thornton
Site Admin

My friend Sam Hodges, knows more about Birds

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Than anybody in Stathem Georgia.

Check his facebook page, FU 77 and a founding member of the Marshall Frady appreciation society.

Sam Letters to Amanda was refernced by Harvard President in her book The Republic of Suffering, Civil War.

Sam's grandfather was a founder of the SBC Radio and Television Commission and his Jr High Sunday School teacher in Morrow was Truett Cathy himself.

There are bird watchers and then there are ornithologists, the diiference between Gray Allison and Carlyle Marney.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:55 pm

There are doers and there are talkers. Allison was a doer.
William Thornton
Site Admin

A harm doer

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:11 pm

was Gray Allison. Don't want to call him an evildoer the day after Biden's unifying inauguration and the show of force of Three Former Presidents, and Garth Brooks, Boss Springsteen, Lady Gaga, A Rod, etc, but Gray Allison was complicit and abetted a lot of evil doing of White Citizen Council Residues of Helms, Pressler, McAteer who Gray knew well, Albert Lee Smith, Ronnie Floyd--you have memorized the roll call by now. Gen Boykin, on and on.

BTW. I not only talk, I Do TOO. Got my letter 40 years ago from Bill Moyers to bear witness.

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage