[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Has American Christianity Entered its Bastard Version

Has American Christianity Entered its Bastard Version

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Has American Christianity Entered its Bastard Version

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Strong word, bastard but given credence at ethics daily of all places
https://ethicsdaily.com/scandalous-witness/

I think the author with his well intended righteousness entered into a false equivalency. I think there is a difference between the politics of Randall Balmer and Jeffress, Franklin Graham and to falsely equate Balmer at one pole and JFalwell Jr at another is a disservice.

But there are some things here to think about as the recent revelations about Bloomberg and Black King Makers in Alabama suggest.

Still FBC Spartanburg and the SC GOP are bigger whitewashers than the CBF and the Alliance of Baptists and the Baptist Joint Committee's concerns about Christian Nationalism.

I don't see the fog clearing much in scandalous witness without some details and case studies.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Has American Christianity Entered its Bastard Version

Postby Haruo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

For Haruo and whomever

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:04 am

The Black Kingmakers of the Bama black belt is a subject of one of my recent blogs. My blog is linked with every post I make. The blog has a long quote from a former Ex Dir of the Bama CBF

The historical aspects of my post over ride the politics. That said It is my decision to keep this post here with History.

Thanks. I do hope our paths cross at some Sacred Harp occasion soon
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage