Alabama Baptist Covers Collinsville Baptists 175th

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Casey Mattox and Tom Edsall front page nytimes on ACBarrett

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:26 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/opin ... e=Homepage

Casey is of the class of 93 Collinsville Alabama where Ive known him since 86. His father is a former Mayor. I think it fair to say the pastor there since 76 and wife, John and Gloria Morgan are the spiritual political godparents of Casey especially on abortion. But three of their four sons resist Mattox super charged right wing politics, in particular the openly gay son Matthew, a Yale Div School Graduate. Others named shortly but the list also includes in the county, the FBC Ft Payne product Cherilynne Crowe, a Samford and Vanderbilt grad, now on staff with the Baptist Church State group for religious liberty with historic DC offices.

Could be a sixty Minutes show before this is all over given the Hispanic influence in the town and the implications for the valedictorian and salutatorian of CHS 2013, both undocumented when they walked. The fetus or DACA justice, spotlight on Gloria Morgan, who did a lot of things right and was faithful to the world she was raised in, a prayer warrior who with Casey and three of her four sons should begin an immediate read of Robert Jones, White Too Long, to see if they missed something along the way.

God Bless America, My Lincoln Republican Grandfather Jordan, and Judge Frank Johnson. I could be mistaken but I am convinced those two join me in opposing Amy Coney and Casey Mattox and Gloria Morgan on this Supreme Court Nomination and the Way it is going Down!!!!!
Last edited by Stephen Fox on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Facebook abuse policy

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 am

Casey shares the political world of Yellowhammer News which is buttressing the campaign of Tommy Tuberville in Alabama. In some exchanges with Scott Samson a yesterday I used the world miscreant. Somebody reported me and I had my comment privileges across Facebook stymied for three days. What follows was my comment somebody at Yellowhammer used to stifle me

No hate, apparently you are not aware of Dorothy Day or Bonhoeffer. My first cousin's wife is Devout Catholic of the ACB stripe with a PHD on the works of Tolkien We have civil unflinching conversations often. You are the miscreant in this exchange. Check goodfaithmedia.org daily for enlightenment in the Christian Way.

Stephen Fox

Collinsville Prayer Walk ten 15

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:55 am

My comment on the facebook page of organizer, Trinka Gorham Payton

For the Soul of America I am praying for the defeat of Donald Trump and Tommy Tuberville and that Amy Coney Barrett stand down till the election is decided to honor the wishes of a Great Jew Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. From my wide reading of the authentic Baptist view of the separation of church and state, Amy Coney Barrett is wrong and seeks a preference for fundamentalism. I pray too as did my Mother and my Sister and first cousin Tim wood and we are not bamboozled by the likes of Franklin Graham and Bob Jeffress the pastor of FBC Dallas and we may be voting differently than Gloria Morgan. Our Christian Baptist views are more in line with Mark Wilson of Auburn the Ex Director of Collinsville Libraries network to the Auburn University's Living Democracy. See Miss Peacock's statement there about Collinsville recently promoted by Collinsville High School. Please leave this posted in Jesus name. Thank you

This after the day there was a feature in Bham News on Dekalb Co Bama, mommas home county, as Tuberville Country.

Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to Baptist History and Heritage