ready for some unbiased reporting from Atlanta?

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

ready for some unbiased reporting from Atlanta?

Postby deb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 pm

I read this little tidbit on the Dallas Morning News' Religion blog today...so baptistpressrelease IS having someone(s) in Atlanta, let's hope the writers actually attend the sessions before they write about them... :wink:

Kudos for the DMN for sending Sam Hodges to Atlanta report on the gathering, you can read his comments on the DMN religion blog as well.

The SBC *is* paying attention to the 'New Baptist Covenant'
1:37 PM Wed, Jan 30, 2008 | Permalink
Jeffrey Weiss E-mail News tips
Earlier today I'd mused that the Southern Baptist Convention news service had nothing up in advance of the New Baptist Covenant meeting that starts today. Will Hall, executive editor of Baptist Press, sent in a nice note explaining coverage plans:

Jeff,
None of the information has changed since our initial reports about the announcement of a confab and reaction to it. However, I mentioned it in our end-of-year analysis,

Blogs and secular media may see it differently. I made an intentional choice to report actual news about what happens in Atlanta -- not go back and forth with opposing points of view about what the gathering "would be."

I have a team in place to report from Atlanta.

I welcome your readers to follow our coverage at http://www.BPNews.net.
deb

Re: ready for some unbiased reporting from Atlanta?

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:07 am

Sam Hodges is a stellar reporter. I've always liked his work.

I encountered a girl who is taking pictures for Baptist Press. I took the privilege of using her two pics. Hopefully for tomorrow night's session, I'll have an up front seat so that my crappy camera can get some decent shots.
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: ready for some unbiased reporting from Atlanta?

Postby Haruo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:40 am

deb wrote:I read this little tidbit on the Dallas Morning News' Religion blog today...so baptistpressrelease IS having someone(s) in Atlanta, let's hope the writers actually attend the sessions before they write about them... :wink:

Kudos for the DMN for sending Sam Hodges to Atlanta report on the gathering, you can read his comments on the DMN religion blog as well.

The SBC *is* paying attention to the 'New Baptist Covenant'
1:37 PM Wed, Jan 30, 2008 | Permalink
Jeffrey Weiss E-mail News tips

I welcome your readers to follow our coverage at http://www.BPNews.net.

While grateful for the welcome, I can't find the coverage. A search for "Covenant" at BP turns up nada remotely related.

Haruo
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Return to New Baptist Covenant