BLM march at Clemson June 13

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

BLM march at Clemson June 13

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am

Read my blog report. great resource references. Hoping the Covenant will enlist CBF friendly FBC Clemson in this conversation that has great platform for change that matters in the SEC and ACC

Foxofbama.blogspot.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

BLM, SHJ feature on Darien Rencher and pushback on FBCSburg

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 am

You can google good story on Clemson's Darien Rencher whose involvement with BLM is faith based; feature story in Spartanburg HJ of August 15. Below are my comments re the story on the SHJ facebook wall

Big night for Spartanburg SC and its First Baptist Church as one of their own Trey Gowdy is filling in for the Father Coughlin of the 21 Century , Sean Hannity of Fox News. It's FBC Truth for a New Generation conferences writ large and a blasphemy of the Best of the Baptist Tradition and the Christian Faith.....Ava Duvernay who directed the Movie Selma which beatifies John Lewis has a statement out today I feel certain will come to Darien Rencher 's attention soon. Next week I may try to post it here but shouldnt be hard for the editors of the SHJ to find and or the people who wrote this piece
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 12h
Stephen M. Fox
Stephen M. Fox Upshot is the woman who also produced the Netflix doc 13th about the insidious legacy of Lee Atwater without which there woulda been no rise of Trey Gowdy nor the current version of Lindsey Graham with his comlicity with Trump is on what my Daddy called the "anxious seat". They can either confess to the blatant manipulative sins of the GOP of the last thirty years when it comes to the politics of race and guns and abortion, or FBC Church can lead this region to Hell in a Handbasket....There is enough out there to confuse a lot of people of goodwill. It's on SHJ to do diligence in the next few weeks to navigate the virtues of the liberal arts tradition of Wofford, Converse and Furman or turn this region over to the sophomoric mediocre esplanations of FBC and venal people like Trump and his minions.
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 12h
Stephen M. Fox
Stephen M. Fox https://baptistnews.com/.../what-abe-li ... s-us.../...
Edit or delete this
What Abe Lincoln tells us about Trump, Biden, guns, God and Falwell Jr.
BAPTISTNEWS.COM
What Abe Lincoln tells us about Trump, Biden, guns, God and…
What Abe Lincoln tells us about Trump, Biden, guns, God and Falwell Jr.
· Reply · Remove Preview · 12h
Stephen M. Fox
Write a reply...

Stephen M. Fox
Stephen M. Fox Darien is doing great without this Baptist preacher's son from Gaffney's advice but I do hope as I tried to get word to him at Clemson, he and Trevor will be reading Paul Harvey's Moses, Jesus and the Trickster on Black spirituality. And since Trevor has roots not far from UGA's great Nick Chubb, they should bring Chubb into the conversation. I had a great brief chat with Nick at a Steak n Shake in Rome Ga the summer of his transition year from Cedartown to UGA.
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 18h
Stephen M. Fox
Stephen M. Fox At the Clemson BLM march, Trevor Lawrence told me he came down with Drew Brees on the dustup with Trump over kneeling and patriotism. Trevor said he hadn't talked to Deshaun Watson about it, but people ought to be free to express their opinion without incoming malice from Trump. Would be interesting to hear him update his concern in light of Trump's phone call to him Weds re the Let Them Play movement.
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 18h
Stephen M. Fox
Stephen M. Fox twitter dustup. And see my recent blog with more on Trump and his SOB aside of 2017 at my blog on Dallas Cowboys and a recent column in Gaffney at foxofbama.blogspot.com
Edit or delete this
asfoxseesit
FOXOFBAMA.BLOGSPOT.COM
asfoxseesit
asfoxseesit
· Reply · Remove Preview · 18h
Stephen M. Fox
Write a reply...

Write a comment…

Stephen Fox

letter to Anderson Indy Mail

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:57 am

The Editors
Letters for Publication
Anderson Independent Mail

Reports recently from Mississippi were the states southern Baptists were key in the Decision to remove confederate components of the states flag. Further analysis was however that among evangelicals in the state the issues of abortion and gun rights were a brickwall that would prevent any considerable change in voting behavior of that constituency.

August 14 Darien Rencher was profiled in the Spartanburg Herald Journal as a rising star of political activism in the state with BLM. And on June 13 at Clemson Trevor Lawrence told me he sided with Drew Brees on the twitter dustup between Brees and Donald Trump on the matter of Kneeling and the Flag.

Also last weekend two of my heroes among progressive Baptists, Bill Leonard and Melissa Rogers were outspoken in defense of the authenticity of the faith of Joe Biden. Easy googles for Leonard, Lincoln, Trump and Guns at baptist News; and Rogers, Joe Biden's faith religiion news.

The Question for Upstate evangelicals to explore is, is New Spring's church of Dabo Swinney and Lawrence up to the challenge of the best christian discernment at this moment, or is their way of thinking complicitous with Trump and like the Church of Laodicea that was mediocre, lukewarm and who God Spewed out of his Mouth

Sincerely,

Stephen M. Fox

Stephen Fox

Return to New Baptist Covenant