[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I’m retiring

I’m retiring

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

I’m retiring

Postby KeithE » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:54 pm

I’m retiring on 22 August and leave on the cruise the next day.

Reason for retirement is to help my daughter get a Bachelor’s Degree by watching her 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl after school hours. Her husband is on the road 90% of the time, my wife wants to continue working part time. Brandy my daughter works at a Montessori school as a teacher’s aid; they told her that if she just gets a degree (in anything other than Education) she can teach at the elementary level with twice the pay. She is fully onboard with the Montessori philosophy. She starts in January but there are many opportunities for me in the Sept-Nov timeframe to travel (Europe, California, Florida are planned) and conferences (Brian McLaren, Jim Wallis, AL CBF all in Alabama), academies (5-Day Spiritual Academy - Methodist thing, Open View conference at the Academy of Religion in San Diego). There will be more golf, duplicate bridge, and tennis. I may even try my hand at some book writing. Suspect about equal involvement with BL.

I may return to work after I’m 66 in June 2016 and I can earn extra money above Social Security w/o penalty. But only if the atmosphere is right in my specialities (I gave my going away suggestions briefing today which went very well and there are good/younger people that will carry out the suggested research - I hope). Then again I may love retirement so much, I might not go back. All the better to torture ya’ll with graphs. :wink:
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: I’m retiring

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Congratulations.

Strangest day of my life was November 21, 2011, Monday after my last Sunday as pastor.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 am

Well, good for you, Keith. Enjoy the retirement. We'll have to work on that golf pairing at some point down the road. :)
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 am

Now you can learn Esperanto! ;-)

Congratulations! Hope I can do the same one of these years! (Suggested target date: 2025. Hopefully and probably sooner.)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 am

Congratulations Keith! I hope you enjoy your retirement and time with your grandchildren.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Congratulations. I'm envious of your travel plans!

Maybe we'll have more chances to drink coffee at Barnes and Noble when you pass thru again.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Well I just came home for work for the last time.

What a ride. Even the last day was filled with intrigue.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:36 pm

We will be counting you for more graphs from now on. Let's not get lazy.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:17 pm

I hope you are enjoying the cruise!!
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)