[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Where is the live streaming??

Where is the live streaming??

Does the New Baptist Covenant represent the dawning of a new day of unity in Baptist life? Discuss the ongoing Covenant meetings here.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Where is the live streaming??

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 pm

I was planning on watching Jimmy Carter tonight on-line. I just visited the NBC web site, and there is no where to click to get the "streaming." Did they change their minds, or is there a technical problem? Or is it the "writers' strike?"
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Where is the live streaming??

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:42 pm

NOW, the web site says the videos "will be videotaped and available as on-demand video on this web site. Most of the keynote messages and sermons from the five plenary sessions will be available online shortly after the conclusion of each session. Return to this page for free access to these videos."

I am almost certain that LAST WEEK, the NBC website said we could get LIVE STREAMING on Wed., Thu., and Fri. I am very disappointed. I can't stay up until midnight waiting for the "tape delay."

Bruce Gourley, can you shed some light on this?
Chris

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm here live bloggin and waiting for Jimmy to speak. I couldn't get the live video feed to work either. However, I found this information

Portions of the week's events will be videotaped and available as on-demand video on the New Baptist Covenant web site. Most of the keynote messages and sermons from the five plenary sessions will be available online shortly after the conclusion of each session. Return to this page for free access to these videos.

If you watch anything, make sure to listen to Dr. William Shaw preach and Bill Underwood's Welcome.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm

It was my understanding that there would be some live video (of events not including singing), but perhaps not? I've changed the link on the BT homepage. We'll post links to video as we have them.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 am

I'm told the press conference at 5 PM Wed. was streamed live, but most of the messages will be posted after the fact rather than live, so they can give us the speakers without giving us the the whole 2-3 hours from a session. It takes a bit of time to edit it down, add proper titles and intro, etc. I checked just now and they are all there for your viewing pleasure.

I feel for the guys doing the post-production work who will have to stay up late to get it online in a timely fashion. They are friends of mine, and I know they'll do quality work.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Chris

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:55 am

I'm told the hum was in the video feed being provided by the company contracted to do the in-house video work. I think it was introduced somewhere in the GWCC system that carried the signal from the floor to the web production guys.

Part of the issue with live streaming turns out to be copyright issues, as in streaming the music performances, etc. I think Bruce already mentioned that issue in an earlier post.

I'm hoping there will be a way to post podcasts for downloading so I can listen to the speakers while walking for exercise.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Return to New Baptist Covenant