[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Habemus papam, atque papa asinum tenet

Habemus papam, atque papa asinum tenet

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Habemus papam, atque papa asinum tenet

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:05 am

Pope Harry XII is our cat. He is the pope of the Indoor Catlick Church, not one of those heathen Roamin' Catlicks. He has two nuncios (socks impregnated with catnip) that he kicks around when they misbehave,
harryreading.jpg
Harry reading secular literature (Catmo) in ordinary time
and now... I need to find a good source of information on feline psychiatry... he has acquired an acolyte. Mrs Haruo rediscovered her childhood stuffed animal, a donkey named Stonkey [presumably an early childhood contraction of "It's [a] donkey"], a few weeks ago (he had been lost in the underbrush for a couple of years), and Harry immediately set about discipling the little guy. I gave him a couple of lectures about how Stonkey was a very important animal, being an avatar of a Bible figure, Balaam's Ass. Apparently Harry took my admonitions to heart, because now we have caught him talking to Stonkey very earnestly on a number of occasions.
HaruoAndHarry.jpg
Harry delivering a particularly spirited Urbi et Orbi from my back
He holds the little stuffed donkey in a tight embrace and practices his homiletics on him. It's quite weird. Of course, David will deny it, but it is true, and we are not sure what to make of it. He doesn't try to kill the donkey like he sometimes does with the nuncios, he just holds it tight and talks to it, quite audibly though not with clear enough enunciation for us to figure out what he's saying. I took a picture of them playing poker yesterday, but it's an old-fashioned camera so I can't post it till the roll is done and developed...

Haruo
head of an ecumenical, interspecies household
Last edited by Haruo on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Habemus papam, atque papa asinum tenet

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:04 am

That's a hoot, Hauro. :D

We once had an indoor catlick cat that would, when thirsty, drink ex cathedra.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Attachments
24280028-1.JPG
Harry and Stonkey in their best poker faces
24280028-1.JPG (71.31 KiB) Viewed 5562 times
Last edited by Haruo on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:19 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Vellly inTEResting and strange cat. Thanks for sharing it.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

† RIP † Pope Harry, Admiral Harry, a good kitty, 1997-2012

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm

With deep regret I must announce that Our Cat Harry, as far as I know the only Flick-approved non-human Golden Spur winner in history, died this afternoon about 5 pm Seattle time, at the age of 15 (at least 105 in cat years). He was preceded in death by his uncle Verne M. Eke, and by his adopted step-daughter Pip, and is survived and mourned by his Mommy and Daddy and his two surviving feline acolytes, Tobias Clawsknitzer Cardinal Melville-Ross and King Kelly Cardinal Marmelade-Ross, all of Skyway. He is buried in his beloved apple orchard. RequiesCAT in Pace, Harry! His memorial photo album is .

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know he'll be missed by his congregation.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Sorry for your loss! We've never had cats but we are long time dog lovers and it is always hard when we lose one. Our current dog Jack isn't all that well and we are worried that he may not be with us that much longer.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks for the condolences, guys. The loss of Harry on Saturday doesn't have quite the impact of the loss of Verne on Monday, but the two in one week capping off a year in which I've lost my job, my aunt, and several months' use of my leg, well, all I can say is Ecclesiastes 3:1-14. And I'll be happy when the other season starts.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 pm

For those of you with weak Latin, the subject of this thread means "We have a pope, and the pope has got a donkey"...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 am

Papem, RIP.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:37 am

Bringing the late Harry topside for St. Francis Day.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum