[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Jerry Grace cracks me up...

Jerry Grace cracks me up...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Jerry Grace cracks me up...

Postby Jonathan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:54 pm

"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

More from Grace...

Postby Jonathan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:17 am

Last edited by Jonathan on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Re: Jerry Grace cracks me up...

Postby William Thornton » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:52 am

Yeah, I had already read that and Jerry Grace is a hoot.

You may be offending some of our forum brethren who are in their own Carterian frenzy over the coming NBC in Atlanta.

How many middle-aged and older Southern Baptists would say as he does (and as I have often here) that Carter was the last Democrat to get our vote for president?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:11 am

I have the greatest respect for Carter, but he has made a much better Former President than he made a President. The meeting in ATL, like all Baptist meetings has the potential to be great and the potential to be a disaster. I hope it's great, but it could fail like lots of others. It could fall as flat as the SBC's Bold Mission Thrust. Some of the worst speeches heard are those by US Presidents to the SBC--starting with Gerald Ford's in 1976 and reaching through GW's last year. Too bad that politicians all like to get a religious audience. Oh yes, Carter actualy has one normally.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:21 am

It’s new and Baptist to the core,
No greater thing has gone before –
Its name: New Baptist Covenant,
Its goal: to trash, campaign and rant.

Saint James the Carterite…world-friend,
Who saved-snail darters from their end,
Will pray the rant – “Sweet love descend
And make us Baptists color-blend.”

Saint Will the Slick will spin things well
And warn the S-B-C of hell
– For all who cite the B-F-M –
Where Huckabee will join them.

Saint Al the Gore – world’s savior son,
Will speak of climates dearly won
By selling carbons…aid the sun
In never frying anyone.

Saint Bill the Moyerite will sound
Alarms that Bush’s sins abound
In mushroom clouds on land and sea…
Unless one votes for Hillary.

Atlanta is the place to be
For N-B-C so righteously
To prove that Baptists – yes, can be…
Well…Christian, democrats, and free!
Jim

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:14 am

Ed: Jonathan when you say ...great sense of humor, wit sharpened - doubtlessly - from decades being one of the few authentic believers in the room for decades in corporate life.

Having lived in the same small town where Jerry lived and worked and having attended the same church and being in the Sunday school class that he taught and having worked for a few months in the same HQ building of the company for which he was comptroller, I question your assumption which I have highlighted.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:23 am

Mark

Postby Jonathan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:00 am

Jonathan

JIM'S MAGNUM OPUS

Postby Prentice Fox » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 am

IS BEFORE US IN THIS THREAD. As great as it is, though; we know that Jim can not logically expect to receive a Golden Spur Award. Flick has made known that such a magnificent piece, even great works of poetry like this, is not a viable candidate for a Golden Spur if it treats events of a political nature. And certainly Jimmy Carter, and Billy Moyers, are both Baptists, but are not apolitical animals. Great work, Jim. UNCLE PRENTICE
Prentice Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Norm » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 am

Given that I don't read his magazine, I can't say if he is funny or would crack me up, but am happy that he is able to make some happy. Lord knows we need more of such. But this? Why? Would affirmation of Gameliel support his argument?
Norm

Re: JIM'S MAGNUM OPUS

Postby David Flick » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:47 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:59 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum