[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Prominent SC SBC pastor endorses Romney

Prominent SC SBC pastor endorses Romney

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Prominent SC SBC pastor endorses Romney

Postby William Thornton » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Prominent SC SBC pastor endorses Romney

Postby Prentice Fox » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:36 am

William, as you say, "Wilton is a sharp guy." and carries some influence there in the piedmont foothills of the Smokies around "BMW CITY" of Spartanburg. They claim over 6,000 members and Wilton calls his church the "Fellowship of Encouragement" (shades of Joel Osteen's largest "church" in America??) We, the city of Fayetteville, are having a group over tomorrow from Spartanburg. They are called, "The Oompah Band" and will perform at our citywide Oktoberfest in Festival Park(If I can get in my lederhosen, I will wear them one more time this year.) ..FRANK PAGE is a neighbor pastor to Wilton; but I doubt that Frank will publicly endorse a candidate because of the "delicate sensitivity" of the office he temporarily holds. Romney has now extended an Open Door Policy to all Inquirers. http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/246036.aspx I will take Romney over Guliani and Fred Thompson anyday. However, I agree with Sandy's post on a different thread, that Mike Huckabee best represents the "VALUES" of Southern Baptists, whatever that may be. UNCLE PRENTICE
Prentice Fox

Postby Cathy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 am

I am in complete agreement with UP that Huckabee is the republican candidate that most embodies the values that Baptists should be for. I would say that one of the things wrong with the republican party today is their attention to who they thing will win. They should be watching the field and see who can win. Huckabee will be rising in the polls and those who have made endorsements that are contrary to their own values will regret their early endorsements.

I of course will be watching the Democratic side of this race. I do however think that depending on the Democratic candidate Huckabee could pull traditionally Democratic party votes as well. I don't think any of the other Republican candidates could do that.

I am of course not likely to vote for a Republican in the Presidential election this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/19/opini ... Columnists
Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:26 am

BP is not on my regular reading list, but Baptist Today posted a link to Fox News (also not on my reading list) which posted a link to BP.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=26678
Last edited by Cathy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 am

Yes, Cathy; this is an interesting link. Now, let us wait for Dr. Bob Jones III to make a public confession and repentance of his endorsement of Romney, like Don Wilton the Spartanburg SBC pastor has done. Knowing of the legendary ultra-conservatism of BJU, I can't imagine whatever got hold of BJ III to state his favorable impression of Romney. The governor is a very rich man, and BJU is planning some new extensions on the campus. You don't suppose that, (Surely not) that Romney pledged to finance a new dorm at BJU. (no co-ed dorms at BJU) UNCLE PRENTICE.
Last edited by Prentice Fox on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prentice Fox

Postby Bill » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:09 am

Don Wilton has retracted his support. See Fox news

Also check out the article on Todd Starnes.
Bill

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 am

Mark

Postby Cathy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:33 am

Check the comments above and you will find the source.
Cathy

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:24 pm

It looks to me like Wilton retracted his endorsement but not his support of Romney. He claims he authorized the use of his name by the local Romney people, but is withdrawing the endorsement because of the news play it has received at the national level. Not sure I understand why this local-v-national thing should be an issue. I've never heard anybody say "I think you folks in Iowa should support Huckabee, but as for me an my house, we will vote for Romney" before. The candidates are, after all, running for POTUS, not precinct committeeman.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Mark

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum