[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hanging My Head In Shame

Hanging My Head In Shame

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Hanging My Head In Shame

Postby Joshua Villines » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:21 am

SQL databases can be tricky things, and, like certain cats, they don't always acclimate well to their new homes.

I was only able to get the database to partially restore; and ultimately realized that starting from scratch was better than a partial restore.

So...

Welcome to BaptistLife at its new, speedier, larger home! (You can thank Bruce for that part. He footed the bill, I just did a little grunt work to ease his burden while he takes his comprehensive exams.)

For the regulars, please re-register with your previous username and e-mail address. I've turned on e-mail address verification to make sure that someone doesn't try to steal someone else's username. (No Jane, you CANNOT register as William!!!)

If you run into any technical issues, please post them on this thread and I'll get to them as quickly as I can.

-Joshua
Nerd-in-Residence
Last edited by Joshua Villines on Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby mlovell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:40 am

I'm grateful you were ready, willing, and able to give Bruce -- not to mention the rest of us! -- a boost in getting BaptistLife back on line, Joshua. Thanks!

I seem to remember something Ecclesiastical which relates to that. Two are better than one -- if one has comprehensives, his friend can help him out, help carry the load. . . . Though one may be overwhelmed, two can cope. A strand of multiple cords is not quickly broken.

(That is, of course, the ML paraphrased version.) :D
mlovell

Re: Hanging My Head In Shame

Postby rickwright01 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:25 pm

rickwright01

Postby Norm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:34 pm

Norm

Postby Bruce Gourley » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:31 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin