[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Sirhan Sirhan stabbed

Sirhan Sirhan stabbed

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Sirhan Sirhan stabbed

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:11 am

Whenever I see Mr. Sirhan in the news (which seems to happen every year or two) it brings back for me, and of (MIDI nonfunctional). That was probably the event that first and most forcefully taught me about fake news and to be leery of the accepted story.

Not long after, I switched to assuming (based on an early form of racial profiling) that he was a Muslim, or Moslem as we said back then in pre-Mohammed Ali days. It was only some time in the last decade, I think, that I learned he was a Christian (though if I'd thought about it I might have guessed as much as far as his family's heritage anyway) and not just a run-of-the-mill Born-In-Bethlehem Eastern-Orthodox type, but a guy whose ties were more to us Baptists (and the Adventists).

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Sirhan Sirhan stabbed

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Sad memories from 1968.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues