Overtime, Reparations, or Both

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Overtime, Reparations, or Both

Postby Haruo » Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 pm

I understand Trump says he should bepaid "Overtime" for the last two years, ŵĥîĉĥ he says were stolen from him. And Jerry Falwell Jr. says Trump should be paid reparations for the experience.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Overtime, Reparations, or Both

Postby KeithE » Tue May 07, 2019 7:56 am

Haruo wrote:I understand Trump says he should bepaid "Overtime" for the last two years, ŵĥîĉĥ he says were stolen from him. And Jerry Falwell Jr. says Trump should be paid reparations for the experience.

I thought this might have been fake news or a Haruo joke, but no here is what Haruo is talking about - two years added to his term as a sort of reparations for the Mueller investigations.

Although originally suggested by Jerry Falwell, Jr., Trump was quick to accept the idea (perhaps sarcastically so). But he previewed the idea (or was it a slip of the tongue) at his Green Bay rally.

Addressing constitutional limits on his time in office at a rally last month in Green Bay, Wis., Trump told his supporters, “I promise at the end of six years, I’ll be very happy.” He ridiculed those warning that he would not step aside as “sick people.”

Although I did not see where he or Falwell were asking for traditional overtime pay (just prolonging his term) I will note that Trump has taken much “executive time” (on average 60% of his time) defending himself.
(see graphics in Snopes link above which would not copy well)

That is his fault - I’d could accept something like 10% of his time defending himself, but not to this degree. He is obsessed*.

And then there is Trump's golf count much worse than Obama who he criticized for golfing too much during his campaign. Besides he cheats at golf.

Meanwhile Trump frequently stiffed his construction workers, lawyers, vendors. Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

Donald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.

At least 60 lawsuits, along with hundreds of liens, judgments, and other government filings reviewed by the USA TODAY NETWORK, document people who have accused Trump and his businesses of failing to pay them for their work. Among them: a dishwasher in Florida. A glass company in New Jersey. A carpet company. A plumber. Painters. Forty-eight waiters. Dozens of bartenders and other hourly workers at his resorts and clubs, coast to coast. Real estate brokers who sold his properties. And, ironically, several law firms that once represented him in these suits and others.

There is no end to this man’s self-serving gull.

-----------

One might think I’m obsessed with “Trump hate”, but I’m not being paid for it and I spend far less than 60% of my time (maybe 2% lately that I'm not watching as much news) in such “executive time” watching news and commenting here at BL and elsewhere,.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 am

I heard a news commentator say that we elected Trump to watch television and tweet. That sums it up pretty well.

People can comment and holler about "trump haters" all they want to. The Republicans would never put up with the depth and breadth of corruption of any Democratic president who behaved this way. Well, if he thought these past two years were a tough ride, there's a lot more coming.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... bstruction
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue May 07, 2019 12:27 pm

Sounds like something straight out of Joseph Stalin's rulebook for being unanimously re-elected as dictator of Russia. Of course, consider the original source was a pseudo-Baptist.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues