[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Chirp, chirp...

Chirp, chirp...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Chirp, chirp...

Postby William Thornton » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am

I predict that my Dem friends will trash the report just like they've trashed Bush 43, eight years, and Trump since early morning day after the election.

Let the whining continue.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 am

This was the ihatebush forum for eight long years. Just stating a fact. My mod lib friends have outdone themselves on Trump having improved their game by starting, literally, hours after the election was ovah. Seems to me that a more constructive use of all this time could have been employed but, no, it's on to the next conspiracy/outrage du jour while never admitting that he even won the 2016 election, etc., etc.

There's another election in 565 days and I suppose the next 10 months or so will be great fun watching the gaggle of Democrats try and outdo each other. Crazy Bern, the hair-sniffing ex-VP, fresh faced Pete, boss-from-hades Kobuchar, the caffeine magnate, and all the rest. And will Hil leave the lucrative irrelevancy tour to try again without this nomination being rigged?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 am

And, the question of the day is, "Can the POTUS win without WikiLeaks, especially since he now knows nothing about what he publicly praised." My dad always told me, "You can't have it both ways."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am

William, who has denied here that Trump won the election in the electoral college? And who apart from Trump himself has denied that Clinton won the popular vote? Seriously. I don't recall such claims being made, yet you claim nothing else (apart from fad conspiracy theories) has been discussed here since late one Tuesday in 2016, at least on the part of your "mod/lib friends". I don't follow this. Help.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am

If you guys are finally admitting that trump won the election, that's a good sign.

Sandy was big on flipping the electoral college. Keith had a plan where Hil could have a re-do. Impeachment was a slam dunk.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Of course he won. Otherwise, how could we even dream of impeaching him? ;-) [sorry about the broken emoji]

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:35 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:05 am

Heck, Gerry, just reading what my old friends write here.

No collusion, BTW.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:26 am

It is definitely "damning with faint praise" to say there was no collusion and no obstruction of justice because associates failed to carry out the POTUS' "strong suggestions" and even orders to fire Mueller. It shows intent but the action neve took place because others knew better. Guess we are stuck with him until 2021, but this report wounds him badly even if it did not result in his prosecution for anything. A lot like Clinton after being impeached but not convicted, IMHO.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
William's comments are predictable and expected. The report, contrary to most everything that Barr and Trump have said, is exactly what you would expect from a justice department that believes a sitting president can't be indicted. Clearly Mueller doesn't believe that means a sitting president is above the law and he tied up all of the ends very nicely in the event that congress wants to pursue an impeachment.

What this should be, considering the report, is a slam dunk impeachment. What it will be, given the complete meltdown of conservative Republican morality and values in favor of corruption that gets you your way, is a political battle. The Democrats are riding a wave of voter approval and the contents of this report, as they are disseminated, will give them plenty of ammunition to press forward. Trump has his base, those who would sell out their own mothers at the drop of a hat, and not bat an eye as he himself said, if he shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue, and it is alarming that we have that kind of political element in this country, but that won't be enough. The campaign starts now and the goal will be to put enough pressure on the ten most vulnerable Republicans in the senate to convince them to save their seat and dump Trump.

If it does nothing else, this report shows exactly how temperamentally unfit and how immorally corrupt this president is. Every advisor who told him to sit tight, leave it alone, let it take its course, deal with it after it was released was fired or resigned in utter frustration, the only people with any shred of moral integrity in his administration. My guess is that they will all sit down and testify in front of Congress.

Trump is getting the same kind of treatment conservatives and Republicans have dished out to Hillary Clinton for years. Constant investigations, accusations of wrongdoing, even when the investigations turn up nothing there is continued pressure to push forward, and the same kind of continuous hype that they hypocritically accuse the mainstream media of doing to Trump. So the tables have turned, Trump richly deserves this, and it has a pretty darn good chance of succeeding because he is genuinely more corrupt than Hillary Clinton ever dreamed of being.

So it looks like it will be the Democrats who have the opportunity to pull this country back on the path of values and morality. :-) I made my first contribution to the fund to dump Trump this morning.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:51 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:53 am

Told ya so...

Well, let's see if the dems will impeach. That oughta kick start the 2020 campaign. No chance of conviction. Put Nader and pencil necked whassisname on point.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Oh, William, you make me laugh....we need to fix the smilies on here, but you're so funny.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factchec ... spartandhp

We now have a written document, in spite of redactions, that says exactly what those of us here have been saying it would, about Trump, his campaign and the connections to the Russians, and it's pretty much all there. The only thing I expected to be in the report that isn't there is that there were direct meetings and communication between Trump campaign people and the Russians who were involved in interfering in the election. I honestly am relieved that even though Trump and his gang of thugs is about the worst we've ever seen in this country, they didn't directly participate in the interference, though you have to wonder about the loyalty of a group of people who know a foreign country is interfering in an election but sit back and let the other side call attention to it first. The breadth and depth of the obstruction is far more than I expected it would be.

What a difference a day makes. As late as the day before yesterday, it appeared that the Democrats might just be thinking about moving on, focusing attention on the growing support and pile of dollars already raised to beat the stuffing out of orange hair and the Republicans were thinking they might just have slipped by on this one. Now, Barr slips quietly out of the press conference before the text of the report is released to avoid questions from reporters because he knows what is coming, Trump is stomping around like an enraged elephant on a tear, using profanity to swear about the report that is now not doing him any favors, his press secretary Sarah Pinnochio is backed into a corner defending herself and trying to get ahead of a Congressional inquiry and the Democrats are looking genuinely surprised by a wonderful gift from Robert Mueller.
Sandy

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues