[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Chirp, chirp...

Chirp, chirp...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Chirp, chirp...

Postby William Thornton » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:05 pm

...???
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Chirp, chirp...

Postby Sandy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 pm

?
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:01 am

I'm surprised that William, "I don't have a dog in this fight...I didn't vote for Trump...Boilerplate tinfoil hat stuff" is prompting for a discussion. The Mueller report? There's nothing to discuss. Until the findings of the report are released, the only thing to discuss is a four page letter from an attorney general who openly stated his opposition to the whole investigation before he took office and who works for the world's biggest liar. If you believe anything in that letter, I have some bridges available for sale, and my beach in Arizona just went up in price.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

Crickets are pretty good bait...but I've already read the Dem talking points.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:19 am

Started the day after the election. Always a reason for the true believers to think they will overturn the election. Keep it up though. It's a pretty good trump reelection strategy.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:26 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am

... just like last time
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Sandy

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:53 pm

People like William lay-in-wait for “chirping” from any politically or religiously progressive point of view. In this case, he is laying-in-wait about reactions to the still unreleased findings of the Mueller investigation and many other Trumpian corruptions that Mueller referred to other DOJ entities.

He could not stand it any more when he didn’t hear anyone herein point out that there are still many unanswered questions about the whole Russian/Trump campaign interactions be they illegal conspiracy or not (and many other Trumpian corruptions). So he offers this “chirp chirp” post trying to awaken the chirpers so he can no doubt apply his wisdom often in the form of sarcasm.

I find the 'laying-in-wait’ as sick.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Seriously? This is the ihatetrump forum. Mueller's investigation has been trumpeted from the get go. He fiiiiiiiiiiinally wraps it up and....chirp chirp. An admission that it wasn't quite what has been presumed, even with equivocations expected from the dems here, one would have thought reasonable in light of the summary. But sure, take the track that maintains that a conspiracy is afoot.

I get that you were ill and am glad you are better.

There is not much political discussion possible here. Hasn't been for a couple of years now.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:25 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

More than a “chirp"

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 am

Adam Schiff ’s “You might think it is OK” speech. Could become a classic of this time in history.

Most all of the facts Schiff recited are undeniable.

I thought that Schiff should have let a Republican reply briefly. They said they were being mischaracterized - iow, they did not think all the facts Schiff gave were OK (so why not get on with at least sanctioning Trump). They cannot have it both ways.

But I do understand the Republicans spokesman had their 5 minutes just prior to this to call for Schiff's resignation (then Schiff had 5 minutes), and former Ambassador Michael McFaul was waiting to speak. So Schiff was within his rights to move the meeting along - after 5 minutes each of partisan sniping.

I continue to note that the RW demonizes effective speakers for progressive thinking. Trump nicknames his foes (Schiff is now “pencil neck”). The more demonization, the more people should listen carefully to the demonized. Warren, AOC and now Schiff.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:53 am

Schiffs a hack. He's playing his role. Predict his stock will decline.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 pm

From Gerry Milligan...William T, it is not chirping that I hear but presidential profanity. While you say you did not vote for the bone spur deferred CIC, you seem to be one of his apologists on this board. So, accepting that, how can evangelical repuglicans keep supporting him? How many lines must he cross for those who say that they are born again believers to "jump ship?"
Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:53 am

After two years of reading my coup-minded mod lib friends here and their affection for like minded dems, I'm far more inclined to vote for Trump in 2020 than any of the potential dem challengers. I'm immune to being shamed by morally bankrupt infanticide supporters.

We'll see how this unfold.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:53 am

I'm waiting for the 300 plus pages of the report, and perhaps 500 to 700 pages of appendices to come into the hands of Congress. A four-page summary from a political appointee means nothing. I have bugged my congress member and senators to demand the full report, and I hope every conservative has followed Trump's lead to release it all "since it exonerates him." Barr's summary means almost nothing.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues