[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Adrian Rogers

Adrian Rogers

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Adrian Rogers

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:42 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Adrian Rogers: Bircher or CR Prophet?

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:01 am

I Google-searched Christian Index and found the article (the Index itself didn't seem to have a search engine).

It seems to me that Rogers was a significant figure of the Conservative Resurgence, regardless of what negative points can be made about him, however accurate or inaccurate.
Rvaughn

Re: Adrian Rogers

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Stephen, hope you had a great Christmas.

I've deleted your slander but left your idiotic opinions. No one insists that you have to make sense.

BTW, I'm working on a late Christmas present for you that will knock your socks off. Guaranteed.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Ron hale, author of the piece, did a workmanlike job. The title is overwrought but clearly Adrian was the leading public spokesman for the CR. I doubt it would have happened without him.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Billy Birt Jr

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:06 pm

I'm guessing you have a lunch set up with me and BBJr. It's okay if I guessed wrong. Wrong or right it is something I am very interested in but not gonna happen the first of January whatever the surprise is unless you can send it in the mail. When I proposed Zebs and a grave visit I honestly thought I would have my car fixed and could leave Upstate in any direction and day adventure I could imagine. As is I am at the mercy of others plans for my return.

Thanks for thinking of me and I do hope to get to the grave and hopefully Zebs sometime in 19

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:53 pm

Sandy

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:13 am

I tend to agree with William, coulda easily collapsed without Adrian. But let me repeat the bottom line as I have before when episodically someone amongst us reminds us of this debacle. The Great Harold Bloom said in the American Religion 93 "The Tragedy of the Southern Baptist Convention is the result of purely political operations masquerading as religious conviction"......Bloom said it, I Believe it; and that Settles it!!!! Back atchu Adrian. Rogers son David is a better person than his Dad was.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:47 am

And the mods had no one close to his stature. Their strength was in back rooms, not pulpits. When they finally thrust poor old Winfred Moore forward he didn't click. Vestal was too little too late. The Shermans and chafin were net negatives. The old lions like McCall were irrelevant.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:41 am

One of the things that I continue to see is the unraveling of the CR at the local church level. I have been watching the promotion of the LMCO in the newsletters and on websites of SBC churches this year. There has hardly been a whimper about missions, a missionary story, or a word about why the SBC needs support. Most have been focused solely on what is happening in their churches. I have to ask myself, "Has the denomination become irrelevant to many of its larger churches?" What do you think?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:05 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:29 pm

Stephen, start another topic somewhere else on Helms, either that or link one that has some recognizable connection to Rogers. You are wasting your time. Put this stuff on your personal blog.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:33 pm

Dave, Annie Armstrong had a record year last year. Lottie last year was the second highest ever. There's little indication that either of these are unraveling in spite of your anecdotal evidence, though IMB has had to retrench after overextension and poor fiscal management. The general trends work against the large centralized mission sending entities, though. The CBF, lacking any meaningful legacy support depends on a few big gifts and "faith" mission efforts to do a small amount of overseas missions.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Has nothing to do with AR. Your absurd obsession with Birchers and helms is the route to endless deletions here. Move on.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 pm

I hope Greear's appointments are not the same old insiders and cronies.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:19 am

And a happy new year to you, stephen.

You're going to need to come up with something other than the same lame words and people. All you do is troll for responses with these things. We've all heard it, discussed it, and sometimes dismissed them years ago. Try some new thing a don't bait me by putting my name in the title.

No one cares what you put on so-and-so's FB page or any recycled material from your BFF Worthen Tell us the news from CollInsville, the liberry, the church where your mother was baptized. Find a link that is fresh and new and actually make a point using it.

Bama's in for a tough game but I wouldn't bet against them.
William Thornton
Site Admin

New Collinsville and Takeover News all the Time

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 am

Latest on Collinsville is an easily googled Piece for Absolutely Alabama, Graves Hardware.

Martha talks and her husband opens the cash register. Thomas played for both the Bear and Bobby Bowden.

Martha makes the trains run on time, in the town and Collinsville Baptist church. Their son brad is in the video and his wife. Their daughter, Brooklyn, an 8th grader was number 111 in the state finals of distance runners this year.

I will have a blog soon on a UNC Press published book by Furman grad, Vandy PHD. All kinds of nuances and insights implications of the Adrian Cabal. Author Quiros made a presentation at Furman fall of 2017 a third of which was devoted to Yates Frady's son, Marshall.

I'm still lookin at Zebs, hopin. If I show, I will not be packin. You come however you feel safest, cause if the takeover comes up inthe conversation, Jesus is on my side. I spoke to him this morning.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Now you're talkin, bro.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Return to SBC News and Trends