[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Christmas Greetings

Christmas Greetings

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Christmas Greetings

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 am

As we move into the final Sunday of Advent and move closer to the celebration of our Savior's coming among us as Emmanuel, may the Lord of this season be near to you and yours. Blessings on your journeys in the BL family. Merry Christmas!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Christmas Greetings

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:42 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to the BL family. May this season bring you whatever you need most.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Close call

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Christmas was close call for me this year. This time Thursday things looked pretty bleak as couldnt get the car out of the front yard and my avenues to SC to see family were diminishing by the day. But Suddenly an angel stepped forward and got me to Gainesville Ga this noon where I told some Bama football jokes to a long line of customers at an overwhelmed Chic Fil A and my sister showed up an hour later. Had a good ride with her to the Upstate and by suppertime remembering Uncle bobby Helton and other great crooners on my Grandmothers side of the family she broke into a rendition of WA Criswell's Daughter singing the King is Coming from the 74 SBC in Dallas.It was a great wonder as she got into it, I mean really.

God is Sufficient.

all the Best to you and Yours.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 pm

And don't forget Festivus! But we ate all of our meatloaf, whatever shall we do?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:45 am

9EE1F404-E42D-4756-9D53-9C153929F687.jpeg
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:42 am

There are blessings to share each day, but serving our Lord brings its own blessings to all of us.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Merry Christmas! We are going to miss having a white one by just a hundred miles or so.
Sandy

Postby Joseph Patrick » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:21 pm

My favorite Christmas lyrics are found in the song, O Holy Night. Just heard it sung beautifully at our Christmas Vespers Service.
Here they are:

Truly he taught us to love one another;

His law is love and his gospel is peace.

Chains shall he break for the slave is our brother;

And in his name, all oppression shall cease

Have a good one by thinking of those who are less fortunate and/or oppressed.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Hope you all have had and are having a Merry Christmas.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:56 am

My (link fixed)

As much a Holy Innocents song as anything, though it covers the shepherds and Magi and manger. I wrote it for THE PESKY SARPENT (an early US folk tune whose original lyrics began "On Springfield Mountain there did dwell", but it goes well to THE SOLID ROCK, too.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum